• Ted here...thanks for visiting. Want to join us? We are a very open community and you don't have to worry about other people judging you here.

Can I? Wet Weed?

LazyMeliorist

Let's destroy the stigma!
Registered
HEY! Didn't seem like there was a better place ask this. I have a really sticky, damp pickup of an indica/indica hybrid (some sort of...experiment), and I'd tried drying it out with open air and time, but nothing really came of that. Any ideas?

[Ted, if there's somewhere this *should* be, g'head and move it or delete it.]

Mwah
The Lazy Meliorist

Q

Queen420

I've heard of people using a food dehydrator but I would be afraid it would make it too try.

From what I understand, make sure it was not water-cured. (Removes some potency but smooth and removes debriand ugly)

Sounds like you need to finish curing cure it. Lots different from harvest time.

Put it in a mason jar and seal it for up to 3 months (LOl-Yes)

Burp at least daily. The process involves something eating the moisture and by-products but they do die when they run out of oxygen. Reason for burping.

I actually just made a new inquiry about this myself then found this one.

Its almost 420 time so help other 420'ers..
Input and corrections appreciated

Last input is heat may save some items in a pinch butIi have found heat sucks unless inhaling.

Thanks
Taz

SimonMoon

Meh
Registered
on low temperature (90-120°C) in the oven for 10-30 minutes (depending how wet it is). prepare for a harsh and not too tasty smoke though. rushing the curing process makes bad weed.

Cudzu

Staff member
Global Moderator
Verified
Registered
on low temperature (90-120°C) in the oven for 10-30 minutes (depending how wet it is). prepare for a harsh and not too tasty smoke though. rushing the curing process makes bad weed.
I think u nailed it. Slow warmth.
Allow for cool down continued drying out.

friendswithbears

Registered
HEY! Didn't seem like there was a better place ask this. I have a really sticky, damp pickup of an indica/indica hybrid (some sort of...experiment), and I'd tried drying it out with open air and time, but nothing really came of that. Any ideas?

[Ted, if there's somewhere this *should* be, g'head and move it or delete it.]

Mwah
The Lazy Meliorist
How'd it turn out?

Hopefully you didn't listen to most of this advice and just left it out till it was dry and then popped it in a jar for a bit.

Jeff

Registered
Yes most of this advice while being meant in the most sincere way is not good. friends with bears was right u just leave it out till its kinda dry then u put it in a jar and start curing to get wetness down slowly. This will keep it smooth when smoked and no harsher than it would have been if dryedcured n cured right. Bet it's dry now after a couple yrs huh lmao