1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Ted here...thanks for visiting. Want to join us? No emails, no newsletter, no logging IP and you can delete your account at anytime. No strings attached. We are a very open community.
    Dismiss Notice

Trump Is The RNC Pick & Clinton, The DNC

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by Ted, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Ted

Ted My Friends Call Me Ted
    Admin

Twitter:
    @tedsmarijuana
    Seeing Trump get the RNC nomination was no surprise and if you are for Trump then the future is bright for you and you should probably not read the rest of this. I personally don't connect with their policies, or the lack there of. I make no issue saying that Trump is a terrible person and I am not a supporter of him, his values, and what he is spewing.

Many of the people showing up to Trump's conventions are the ones who have been waiting to be "1950's white" again. The only difference in my view is that they left their hoods at home. I don't know Pence much, except for he is a conservative and not someone I align with either. I didn't appreciate the fear-mongering, warhawking, and just unsettling ideas when it comes to what Trump says. I am just not like him.

On the flipside, fucking Hillary is now the DNC's nomination. She pulled every favor, every card, and cheated as many primary elections as possible. She is leading a minority of democrats to a losing general election. He VP pick is not a progressive. So we now have another pair of running mates that doesn't give a shit about any American. None of us matter to them.

I am highly disappointed that Bernie didn't put up much of a fight from I saw. He got platform concessions, but who gives a shit about that? They are just words from people who will move forward and flip right back to business as usual. I appreciate the motion that Bernie set, the awakening of a your generation, and the ideas he added to conversation. While that may continue, him not being nominated and winning doesn't do much for the revolution. It could take years for anything progressive to amount to anything.

I am #NeverTrump & #NeverHillary and I don't feel bad about not voting for Hillary to defeat Trump. I don't owe the DNC anything. This election cycle taught me one thing that none of the previous ones did. Policies matter as much as positions. I will never vote for party's sake. Fuck the party system. They make no difference anyways.

I am absolutely going to spend much of my time getting involved in third-party platforms. I can't picture myself voting republican or democratic in this lifetime. The republicans want more way, more government contracts, and more hate. As a 20+ yr vet, I am over the war movement. I think we lost enough money, people, and time already. I have seen the corruption first hand and I can tell you that the cycle of billions and billions of dollars of contracts have made a small portion of people filthy rich even though we (America) killed hundreds of thousands of civilians in the name of "war".

The democrats are the same with a different name. They had a chance to defeat Trump fairly easy with Bernie. Now they will face one of the quickest beat downs in history. Trump has funded Hillary's campaigns so safe to say he will make that point. She is beyond corrupt and the Wikileaks shows all of it. God damn it America! Why do we have 2 assholes representing us for all the world to see?

If you can't tell, I am frustrated. I am pissed that for the possible next term one of these people will run the executive branch. It's disgusting. I want someone with a policy position that breeds kindness, education, goals, community, and so much more. If you love Trump or Hillary and hate what I just wrote here please feel free to chime in. This is just a vent after watching the DNC hand the nomination to a huge asshole that doesn't have what it takes to defeat a bully. Fuck Trump, HRC, and DWS.

2. FatFreddy

FatFreddy Recruit
    Registered

3. FatFreddy

FatFreddy Recruit
    Registered

I feel for you Ted, can't believe a deranged Muppet like Trump could seriously be considered for potus. Not much better in the UK with a right wing conservative government and no viable opposition it's a sad state of affairs.

4. Jeff

Jeff Member
    Registered

Ground zero for prohibition unfortunately
    Twitter:
    @Jbreeden2006
    Just wish all the stoners would band together and vote . Someone like Johnson would have at least a snowball's chance in hell of winning.

5. Ted

Admin

Twitter:
    @tedsmarijuana
    I have been catching the news about the UK and Brexit and that is a horrible mess with everything one leading the cause dropping like flies because Rupert Murdoch doesn't like them. Same system in America, but just a few thousand miles away. I hope it gets better @FatFreddy .

Gary Johnson is polling well, however I checked him out a bit @Jeff and I am going for Jill. What people aren't about right now is the millions of dollars Jill is grabbing with interviews and appearance everywhere. I firmly believe in the coming few weeks we will see Jill surpass Johnson and be a threat to the mainstream candidates. I decided no more party alliance. I am an independent progressive that will vote on the policies of the candidate for the rest of my life.

6. Jeff

Jeff Member
    Registered

Twitter:
    @Jbreeden2006
    Totally agree with the getting away from two party system and I've voted with my heart and their records and tons of research everytime I've voted, I'm 50 so I've "wasted my vote" plenty of times but can proudly say I never wasted my honor . What in my humble opinion is right, wrong, fair and just! Your candidate choice ill have to agree to disagree on her. Don't think she canmake that strong a showing.

7. Ted

Admin

Twitter:
    @tedsmarijuana
    They have differences without a doubt. I watched Gary on Bill Mahar the other night and he couldn't answer a simple question. He is polling higher and if we could get him then I would be just as happy. I will take Gary or Jill any day of the week so we will see. I still have more digging I need to do on their policies and where their records stand.

8. Jeff

Jeff Member
    Registered

Twitter:
    @Jbreeden2006
    I personally think he might have had a little buzz going on Ted lmao really i think he was token lol but that's ok with me. To me he's human capable. Gets flustered sometimes but I find total honesty in Gov. Johnson and I don't say that lightly probably seen every interview and looked at all his previous statements and have to give him my support.but respect everyone's opinion.

9. Cudzu

Cudzu Member
    Staff Member Global Moderator Verified Registered

Thanks Ted. You sound like a REAL Ameri can, the talk we hear in these parts.

I think killary& Mr. "T" are old bed buds and are both playing to a script to sell us cheap Koolaid, the koolaid of - kind words and one world Love.
    Look up Jim Jones preacher and the koolaid poisoning of all his faithful following.

Don't drink the koolaid.
    Be wise and scrutinize. Go vote.

10. Cudzu

Cudzu Member

Off-shore Congress, bring our jobs back.

11. Ted

Admin

Twitter:
    @tedsmarijuana
    Thank you! I am very familiar with cults and their effects on their followership. All I can do is join in on the discussions and offer a different perspective and vote with my principles in mind. Voting because of party is insane. Lemmings do that. If I have to pick between the lesser than 2 evils then the parties did a horrible job at picking candidates for us to choose from. Third-party is looking like the crowd favorite right now.

I am an independent from this year forward as well. I have no reason to be affiliated since I don't have any interest in either platform's offerings. Maybe they will do better in the next cycle.

12. Cudzu

Cudzu Member

Well said.