1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Ted here...thanks for visiting. Want to join us? No emails, no newsletter, no logging IP and you can delete your account at anytime. No strings attached. We are a very open community.
    Dismiss Notice

Everything The Tediquette Will Provide A Guide

Discussion in 'Rules & Guidelines' started by Ted, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Ted

Ted My Friends Call Me Ted
    Admin

Twitter:
    @tedsmarijuana
    I love Reddit for everything that it is. I love it so much that I took their Reddiquette, changed it, and made the Tediquette. Why? This was done because I believe in a civil community that benefits from sharing quality information.

This applies to everyone to include myself. Rarely will I respond if I don't have anything additional to add to the content. I will give it a like or something like that and move on. The Tediquette is there to guide you, the Team, Moderators and myself. This community should be built on high-quality content that brings people in. Having a post that doesn't add to the conversation or a flame fest adds nothing as a whole. I will admit that I moderate harshly. Facebook groups hardened me :)

I believe in quality content, grammar, punctuation, and communicating meaningful thoughts. I also understand that not everyone is perfect and I am very aware of where the balance is. I ask you to take a read through the Teddiquette and see what is there.

The community deserve content they can gain from. It's more than just the content, it's the way we hold ourselves in the community as well.

Edit December 20, 2016: I moderate harshly against people selling, spamming, taking advantage of the community or someone in it. I moderate harshly against the people with ill-intent. I am adding this to clarify that I don't moderate harshly as in "I would be a jerk to anyone and everyone". This niche comes with a lot of negatives as well as the positives.

You'll also note it's why the Teddiquette applies to all of us to include myself. Again, just for clarity as someone took it as "Nah, not a fan of having moderators up my ass." on Twitter. I have no intention on being up anyone's ass, but I guess I needed to add it in case someone else thinks that's how things are around here. Hope this helps for others thinking about joining.

#1 Ted, Mar 24, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
    • Love This! Love This! x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. imTree

imTree imTree
    Registered

Twitter:
    @imTree
    Gee thanks Ted, I look forward to future thoughts, topics and discussions of marijuana! Have a great Day! Tree

3. Ted

Admin

Twitter:
    @tedsmarijuana
    You are welcome and I also fixed your Twitter handle so you don't have to add the image to get seen. Now each time you post it will show under your name.

4. lorinhynes

lorinhynes In the wind..…
    Registered

I think that what your trying to build is just great!! We need this so badly… really looking forward to getting to know the lay of the land of this site!! Thanks for starting it

5. AKA Jose

AKA Jose Meh
    Registered

Thought it best to review the tediquette before ranging too far afield here. Do also agree with proper grammar and pronunciation. It is somewhat irritating to respond (to folks in text) when it is required to go to a hieroglyphics alphabet in order to sort out what they are trying to convey.
    Having said that, do abuse the English language from time to time, but is intentional, and usually for effect-such as "foo-pah" for faux pau. And do manage to put my foot in it more often than not. So as to not confuse the reader, will try to remember to put quotation marks around improper usage when I drop down into "earthy" mode and start slinging metaphors.
    As I acquire more knowledge on the primary focus of the site, hope to have something beneficial to add.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  6. Ted

Admin

Twitter:
    @tedsmarijuana
    That was a great reply @AKA Jose and spelling errors or grammar mistakes. I target the ones that are intentional and it's so we can all have a reasonable conversation. My intent with writing the Teddiquette was to bring some kind of baseline that everyone can refer to. This is a very easy going community and I want anyone who joins or reads our conversations to feel at home. That's my real goal. I want a community that loves to be here and wants to make things better for all. Thank you for being a part of it.

7. NZ Stoner

NZ Stoner Meh
    Registered

Twitter:
    @https://twitter.com/weedseedsnz
    Hi ted, this is a sweet forum! You have a good etiquete for your website. I love reddit too but yes you are right, it will be something in future! You know it. I'm here to support you and this forum is serious beautiful! I need to tell you right now this is probably going to outdo rollitup.org :) Id love to help somehow Ted! I really would.

• Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  8. Ted

Admin

Twitter:
    @tedsmarijuana
    Thanks and I hope it does go somewhere. I want to help people and make a better place to connect. I haven't heard of that website before so I will check it out. I appreciate any and all support. I just want to build an amazing place that covers a lot of ground.