1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Ted here...thanks for visiting. Want to join us? No emails, no newsletter, no logging IP and you can delete your account at anytime. No strings attached. We are a very open community.
    Dismiss Notice

General Smoking Smart: Bowls Or Blunts?

Discussion in 'Equipment & Usage' started by SmokePhilosophy, May 11, 2016.

?

Regarding cannabis, Have you ever gotten in trouble with the police?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SmokePhilosophy

Registered

You just got yourself a fresh sack of dank and a lighter. Congratulations. Now all you need is an apparatus to light up. Before we get started, let me point out, this thread isn't meant to claw at anyone's style or preference. I'm simply stating and discussing facts taken from my experience.

A lot of people I know like to smoke. Whether it's hit from a joint, a pipe, or a bong; they get high any way.
    But the problem with getting high is: The more you smoke, the faster you run out.

So the question is, how does someone make the most of their stash?

Over the past 4 years, I've had a lot of experience smoking, and using the different devices used to get baked.
    I've smoked joints, blunts, pipes, bongs, vaporizers, you-name-it.

I can confidently say that I have a good understanding of how they all work.

In regard to smoking joints and blunts, (I call it burning a log, tree, stump, etc.), I don't like them very much. Don't get me wrong, I love the nostalgic feeling of rolling up a fatty with my own two hands then burning it up sitting in a hot tub. But it's just that too much stash is wasted on a high that wouldn't amount to that of 3 bong bowls, or a few puffs off the vaporizer.

When you smoke a joint or a blunt, take note that you aren't constantly inhaling, bringing smoke into you. While the joint/blunt is lit, smoke is coming off of it, floating into the air, going into no one's lungs... Wasted smoke.
    Also, you can't take HUGE hits from a joint because there's not a lot of function or distance to cool the smoke , from the burning tip to your mouth.

In regards to bowl based devices such as pipes and bongs, I favour them. With a pipe or a bong, you're able to pack one hit, and not burn off any excess weed smoke.

I like bongs more than pipes because the cooling of the smoke through water really helps to aid in taking a bigger hit. And if you take a bigger hit, you get a bigger high.

Of all the devices used for inhaling, I should say that a vaporizer is the best way to go. It vaporizes the cannabinoids from the buds without burning the plant matter with fire. Burning plant matter, or any matter, creates carcinogens, which are unhealthy to inhale. Plus, burning weed with fire can actually KILL the weed. (not really, but imagine it like an engine that's running rich, it really burns fuel) The vaporizer uses weed more efficiently.

Tip: DON'T TORCH THE WEED!!! When using a lighter, try to use it as little as possible. Don't light too long. When pulling, try to let the weed burn on it's own after the first light. And light the bowl from the edges, not the center.

In regards to dabbing and concentrates, extracts. I would only recommend for those experienced smokers. As it is very intense and much more potent than just smoking plain old bud. So be cautious with the material. But, if you're just planning on getting super-silly-dumb high, for those newbie smokers, it's a wild field trip.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. TreeTouch

TreeTouch Meh
    Registered

I think these are some really good tips, thanks for sharing

3. Sinister

Sinister Meh
    Registered

Had no idea about torching the weed part... Everyone I know just lights that shit on fire and burns it to hell. Thanks for the tips!

4. SimonMoon

SimonMoon Meh
    Registered

Joints are nice for outside with more people. It is easy to handle and easy to pass around. It is a great social integer. otherwise pipe or bong. using pipe mostly for everyday stuff, for sheer simplicity. cleaning a bong can be a hassle and while bigger hits may result in bigger highs, i like my mellow over the day and for that, a pipe and i can take a hit or two whenever i feel like it, without making a big deal out of it.

5. Mike O'Brien

Mike O'Brien helping dispensaries do ecommerce legally
    Registered

Love your tip on not using the lighter too much while smoking a bowl or bong.

I don't even let the fire touch the bowl. If you bring it close, it will spark the weed without torching it.

6. Cudzu

Cudzu Member
    Staff Member Global Moderator Verified Registered

IMG_20160819_183653.jpg FLASHBACK nostalgia.

Back, like way back in the Day,
    it was fad to conserve smoke and be stealthy, for one to toss a blanket over their head and burn one.

#6 Cudzu, Sep 13, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  7. friendswithbears

Registered

Twitter:
    @democracybear
    Joint - great for fully appreciating the flavour of the flower, for social occasions, and easy to use.
    Blunt - great for when you wanna smoke like a Boss (I know one guy who only smokes one fat blunt a day, what a character!)
    Pipe - great for the quick toke out back before heading into the movie. Harsh on the lungs, though.
    Bong - great for smoking around the house. Make sure you keep the water and glass clean.
    Vaporizer - great for getting all the cannabinoids off the pant matter and into your body without harming your lungs. By far the best way.

:D:D

FWB

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. friendswithbears

Registered

Twitter:
    @democracybear
    One more thought.

Most people are still using lighters to light joints or smoke bong and pipes. This is not the right way!

The fumes from butane lighter fluid is toxic and it's harming your lungs.

Check out some hemp and beeswax wicks instead. You will never use a lighter again. Plus, you get the bonus of actually tasting the weed in your bowl rather than just that burning lighter taste.

Let me know how you like it!:D:D:D

FWB

#8 friendswithbears, Sep 30, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  9. Cudzu

Cudzu Member
    Staff Member Global Moderator Verified Registered

Lighter rope is great for multiple bowl sessions.