• Ted here...thanks for visiting. Want to join us? We are a very open community and you don't have to worry about other people judging you here.

Forum Share A Single Post Inside A Thread

Ted

Old Member
Admin
I added a new addon that you will see around the forum. It gives you the power to #share something cool all over the internet, but it was missing something. Something that @Lymmie sent me down a rabbit hole today for. He wanted to share just a post and as far as I knew, you couldn't. Better late than never, right? So I did some research and by clicking the post number you could share just that one post inside the thread.

Great news right? How many people are going to know that? None...to include myself. Well I made it more obvious by throwing a little CSS into each theme. You will notice the new text here:

Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 7.50.04 PM.png

This is just a shot as it rests everywhere on the site. When you hover over it you will see it give a highlight. Then click and you will get the modal box that opens up and gives you a choice of using BBcode or HTML to share that post.
Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 7.50.51 PM.png

Now you can use the links or dare you click that "Share This Post" button. If you choose the latter you will see the following options appear.

Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 7.51.18 PM.png

There you have it. You don't have to share the thread when you really only want to share the posts that are worth your clicks. Hopefully this helps you control what you share better and remember that if you include @tedsmarijuana in a #tweet and I catch it quick enough I will retweet to our #Twitter followers too.

Attachments