1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Ted here...thanks for visiting. Want to join us? No emails, no newsletter, no logging IP and you can delete your account at anytime. No strings attached. We are a very open community.
    Dismiss Notice

Social Scheduling Content On Social Platforms

Discussion in 'Advertising & Marketing' started by Ted, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Ted

Ted Just Adam, AKA, Ted
    Admin

Twitter:
    @tedsmarijuana
    One thing I like is the ability to use tools to schedule content when my audience is online and active. I want to share the tools I use and how I decided to share things. I will give you an example of 1 month of scheduled shares that I use as a reference and we'll say it's for Facebook at 2-4 shares per day.

It is important for me to note that engaging with your followers is the most important factor in success. You can schedule your ass off with zero results if you forget to come back and comment, talk, or whatever it is that is needed. I try my very best to be there when the post happens and ready to engage. It makes no sense to schedule posts and walk away. It doesn't work that way.

Some tools that I have chosen to use are:
    • Buffer: I stopped using this, but it is good to see the hottest content that is being shared at the moment.
    • Crowdfire: I bought the Earth package during Cyber Monday for $5.99 for the life of the subscription. That gives me 5 accounts to manage so hold off until the next one.
    • Google Alerts: Google will send you the absolute freshest content based on keywords and phrases you set. You don't have to go looking for awesome content or retweet other's tweets because they beat you to it. Don't be lame, use this...it's free.
    • Twitter Analytics: This is free and Twitter gives you a shitload of data that you can use to adjust how your followers are engaging.
    • Tweetdeck: It's free and I use it 24/7 to be there when engagement is happening.
    • Bit.ly: Always use a link shortener when possible so you can track clicks and figure out what type of content your audience wants.
    • Others: I don't use them currently because of costs, efficiency or other reasons. There is Hootsuite, Unfollowers, Manage Flitter, and web browser extensions like Pinterest.
    My sample sharing layout.

Screen Shot 2017-03-03 at 1.19.11 PM.png

Just a screenshot from a quick Google Sheet I made for this. This is more for ideas and how you can impact your audience harder by using the scheduling tools. Google +, Pinterest, and other platforms do not have scheduling so it's limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr as far as I can think of.

I hope this helps everyone leverage a bit more knowledge to engage more with your peeps. What did I miss or your own advice?