1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Ted here...thanks for visiting. Want to join us? No emails, no newsletter, no logging IP and you can delete your account at anytime. No strings attached. We are a very open community.
    Dismiss Notice

Addiction Opioid Dependency

Discussion in 'Medical & Health' started by KannibusKat, Aug 3, 2016.

1. KannibusKat

Registered

Twitter:
    @@KannibusKat
    When i was 19 yrs young I blew out my left knee by jumping off the front of my skateboard to stop , I was going down a 45% grade and , a truck was coming towards.me. So, I bailed. Needless to say, thats why you dont jump off the front of your board going down a hill. It happened so fast, I didnt know my knee was blown out yet! The next day, i couldnt walk. It was like someone drilled screws into both joints of my knee, and it was the size of a softball. For me, thays huge. Im only 4ft 10 in. Maybe 100 lbs soaked and wet! I got in my car, and went to the hospital, there the doc told me I had torn my ACL. (Anterior Cruciate Ligament) thats the ligament that helps you bend and straighten your leg! Well I was shocked to know all this. It felt like hell. That doctor had me so freakin scared, telling me I'd never walk right again... well from his aspiring fear, to me i limped as fast as could out his door, after having him go down a list of opioids, narcotics pain killers.. I chose percocet, but he insisted upon Oxycontin. Ok, i get home, take one and Let me be frank, holy shit i was floating! Unfortunately, it opened a door a pure addiction from the git go! I walked on that torn ACL in my left knee for 10 years ,UN repaired. It messed me up on the whole right side of my body, and has triggered Rheumatoid Arthritis all the way thru my spine and right hip. I faithfully took painkillers for 19 years folks, and it isnt a joke.It gets harder ,I would ask every doctor that would see.me if he could "hook" me up... it took a lot to get used to not using, it lwd me to using heroin for a 2 year period. I had a job, I supported myself with enough "dope" to get me thru my daily routines and jobs. Nobosy knew i was using heroin. I hid it well... im happy say I have been off opioids for years, and really nothing is helping. Some weed does. Some doesnt. It doesnt clear it up, just takes the edge off the pain. However, even when offered a simple tylenol, I simply decline and pick up my bong! I found marijuana when I was 7, I was a cannibus user the whole time of my injury and beyond. I just didnt know its medicinal benefits as a youngster. Been smokin for 30 Years. Never paid one bit of attention to the wholesome help from MMJ! Now Im 38, and dont want to stop learning about and experience all the different strains and learn learn learn! Well i guess that's it.. sorry for spelling errors and such i didnt proof read or edit... love you all, ans stay lit!
    Ps I need to find a pamphlet on all the different syrains and properties they have... anyone got anything for me? [email protected]

• Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  2. Jeff

Jeff Member
    Registered

Ground zero for prohibition unfortunately
    Twitter:
    @Jbreeden2006
    Thx for sharing Kat I can sympathize. I luckily have a Dr. Who doesn't like to prescribe pain meds. I've never had to use opioids. I've talked to my Dr. About different drugs finally I decided on hydrocodone, been taking this and a handful of pills for yrs. For Psoriatic,Rheumatoid Arthritis Diabetes major back problems and of course Chronic pain but I won't give up hope over the yrs. Like you I smoked cannabis through everything for the buzz, well off and on really not constant because of drug testing at work.. But as more and more different strains pop up from "the weed dude" mainly from out WEST I'm finding alot that actually help me, for yrs. I've been breeding my own strain for my conditions, took forever it seems to get the seeds I needed but Its still a work in progress but main thing I'm trying to say is you have to find that 1 or a.mix of 2 or 3 that help you. I've cut my meds down considerably and I've got cannabis to thank for it. Still not pill free but don't know if that's a possibility with me but I'm still look in for that strain that will help. But good thoughts to you my friend hope you find that strain for you.

3. KannibusKat

Registered

Twitter:
    @@KannibusKat

4. KannibusKat

Registered

Twitter:
    @@KannibusKat

5. KannibusKat

Registered

Twitter:
    @@KannibusKat
    Thank You for your help and support and advice. I am pill free, but the pain is starting to worsen again, but this time it Is my hips and low low back, tailbone area.. my doctor doesn't prescribe pain pills any longer... i took tramadolbon top of other needs that WAS prescribed... but that is just a placebo... i notice more pain as i age, and let me add, being clean from heroin, my life is sooo much clearer, but the opposite with the pain. I have no urge to go back to that. But i may have to go back on a mild to moderate pain relief pill. Im allergic to hydrocodone, and codeine, Naproxen, yeah I am ^allergic to ALEVE, which is a huge bummer cause hear it Works for RA, and chronic pain such as ours ...

6. jlaity

jlaity Meh
    Registered

I've been researching this a lot lately. Apparently cannabis can be up to 20 times more potent than Aspirin. I've been wondering if that is strong enough to completely eliminate opioids entirely. From what you're saying it sounds like it's not if it's only taking the edge off.

7. Lymmie

Lymmie Casual
    Staff Member Admin Global Moderator Verified Registered

Twitter:
    @lymsleia327
    Im afraid of pills. But have taken them as needed. Ir ecently had knee surgery for similar reason to the original poster. I took vicodin twice immediately after the surgery and the next day. And from there on out i used nothing but cannabis. You will still feel a bit of your pain but you will be able to do what you need. Id say it takes about 80-85 percent of pain away for most issues.

8. Peer345

Peer345 Weed doctor
    Registered

Hello Kat keep learning I'm so happy and proud of you that you stopped using heroine this is a hard thing to do be proud of your self and I hope you will find the right strain for your situation. I'm still looking and creating my own strains, hoping to find that plant that's right for me. I know I need a Indica so I cross breed every season still not found the right one. My indoor grow room is closed by harsh steps of the government. I wish you all the best greetings from Peer

9. Peer345

Peer345 Weed doctor
    Registered

IMG_3838.jpg

10. Peer345

Peer345 Weed doctor
    Registered

Hello Kath this what I found if you can't see it good let me know then I e-mail it to you. Stay strong and happy. Later Peer

11. VapeMaster

Registered

Medical Cannabis is so much better and ALWAYS WORKS! Congrats!!