• Ted here...thanks for visiting. Want to join us? We are a very open community and you don't have to worry about other people judging you here.

Stocks Investing With Market Low

Ted

Old Member
Admin
I am seeing that Session's announcement of ending the federal governments involved in letting states have legalized marijuana is slamming stock prices. I don't believe this will last as states aren't going to all of the sudden help the fed police their state. I know they will bounce back but I want info on companies that are doing well and should be looked at for some dollars to invest. I want to pick up a few items for my portfolio.

Anyone else jumping in? What is looking good long term? I am just starting to have a look at this and I know that people aren't going to throw out their secrets, but any tips or info for others that you want to share is helpful. Thanks in advance from fellow investors that want to put some knowledge out there.

Lymmie

Casual
Staff member
Admin
Global Moderator
Verified
Registered
Did you ever find anything on this ted?

Ted

Old Member
Admin
I didn't find anything but I didn't have too much time to really dive deep because of the travels. I still want to dig in a bit and see if I can find some more info. If I can I will post and share with everyone. If you hear anything let me know too.

AKA Jose

Recruit
Registered
Well, the whole stock market has been taking a hit in the last 10 days or so. And to me all the ganga companies seem to be way overpriced-still. And if ponder upon the long term effects, would think when the market settles down (legally) and product becomes readily available, the market will be somewhat like alcohol- from prohibition>store bought, taxed heavily for the government to get their share of the pie.
Some of the companies are based in Canada and believe their reporting is different than in US. The oil companies there are, anyway. Have entertained investing in CA oil, but when get to reading, there is a lot of info apparently not required. A good source of info is EDGAR, an SEC search engine designed for (corporation) reporting. It a time consuming process, and the companies still try to slant info with fluff, but the numbers do not fib, but they are somewhat obfuscated for obvious reasons.
AKA Jose
To expound and hopefully not ramble too much-Expect ganga stocks will be somewhat like an IPO, everyone want to get on the gravy train (and pricing goes ways up), then comes back down to a more realistic number as market and excitement wanes. But big brother will always get his due.

Ted

Old Member
Admin
I took this year to sit on the thought of investing in these companies. Sure, there will be winners, but I honestly don't see this as alcohol...kinda. It takes a lot to get really good at making your own beer and other types of alcohol and most people won't do it. In the last decade, we saw an explosion in nano and microbrews and the big companies like Bud buying up what they can to control customer bleed off.

Cannabis is different though. It's not as hard to grow it and share it with neighbors. There will always be a market though as we see with dispensaries, but I don't really know what that market looks like with a fully legalized country. Canada is our only source of what happens after legalization and it's too early to know. My point is that I am hesitant to invest in the industry with some companies until I see what the people choose to do.

I know there will be a lot of opportunities either way.