1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Ted here...thanks for visiting. Want to join us? No emails, no newsletter, no logging IP and you can delete your account at anytime. No strings attached. We are a very open community.
    Dismiss Notice

Other Indica, Sativa, Or Hybrid?

Discussion in 'Genetics, Strains & Reviews' started by Medicated, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Medicated

Medicated Guest

I feel quite confident here saying that we all know the differences between Cannabis-Sativa and Cannabis-Indica, but there are very many people who still do not know the difference. Even many seasoned stoners are oblivious about the different types\strains of marijuana that they are putting into their bodies.

Just a brief explanation:

Cannabis-Indica tends to be the more common base in my area. It can be commonly identified by Large broad leaves and produce a shorter "fatter" plant. Indica strains are well known for their sedative, body high affects. The CBD to THC ratio of an Indica plant are higher than its counterpart: the sativa. Indica plants are more commonly used for treating nausea, pain, AD/HD, sleep apnea, etc. Cannabis indica commonly has a very therapeutic and sleep inducing "high" (along with the typical "stoned" feeling)

Cannabis-Sativa has nearly the opposite affects of indica, the leaves are thinner and pointier, along with a much taller plant which typically grows to around 6 feet tall. Although they have been discovered as high as 20 feet tall!!! The plant may be taller but the flowers (aka buds) are more spread out causing it to be less dense than an indica. Sativa plants are famous for their energetic and cerebral high which goes 100% against the lazy stoner stereotype. Sativa strains are wonderful for use in the morning and throughout the day, they make you more alert to your surroundings, as well as more involved, motivated, and creative. They are most commonly used to combat emotional disorders such as depression, bipolar, and PTSD, also often by individuals to help with eating disorders; this is because Sativa strains are very successful are causing the munchies. Overall Sativa strains are very energized and uplifting, wonderful to use during the day when you need to medicate: but also need to get things done.

Cannabis-Hybrids are the outcome of splicing/breeding a Sativa plant and an indica plant. They can come in many different levels from a 50-50 which would be the most common, but they can also easily be found in 70:30 Sativa-indica. As well as 30:70 Sativa-indica, and all the other ratios in between. Hybrids are amazing for all types of patients and recreational users because they can offer the best of both worlds, or they can be better focused on certain symptoms. Since hybrids are both Sativa and indica the plants appearance can carry quite drastically.

Personally I prefer Sativa strains. Since I am attending school full time and working part time I am always busy, I don't want to be sleepy and sluggish because I have lots of responsibilities and things to do. Although I certainly do enjoy a good indica once and a while, especially in the evenings and before bed.

Which do you prefer and why? Are there any strains in particular that you think are superior.

Thanks for reading and I hope you learned something here today :) stay Stoney everybody

2. karenf

karenf Recruit
    Registered

Thank you for all the data...great!! I remember I got 2 pre-rolls: one of each. No hybrid as I didn't know much. Sativa knocked me out and Indica gave me energy. Go figure. The budtender said "Maybe your [endocannabinoid] receptors are flipped?" Well, I work on Indica and sleep/relax on Sativa. ;-) Just bought a strain from my collective called "Fuck Cancer." chuckle. Cracked me up. I buy it because it's 3:1 CBD to THC. Still, I don't know the THC mg/%. That's next. I get 'social' at my collective...it's fun to stand in line and chat w/ the chaps in front of me and behind me, getting ideas. Then the jars are all on the counter and we get to use our nose. Yum. I learned what "dank" smelled like by asking and passing the jar. And, then I learned what 'really dank' is...chuckle. There are degrees.
    It's so much better for me than a doctors' office, although I know a lot of docs. Mine happens to be a Chinese medicine doc.
    Not fond of treating the symptom and not the problem: I like less 'allopathic medical thinking' and more healing. Jack Herer was right "All use is medical use." I like to say "All use is healing use."

3. Macoroni6538

Registered

This can be true.

Had a GF that smoked and was like what should have been the opposite effects.

Funny that when she might drink it was like a weed high.

Always remember to go slow when trying new items.

You never know-even when you do.

4. karenf

karenf Recruit
    Registered

That's really true...thanks for the reminder. I've seen my friends get nauseous...from dabs.
    It's just not me.
    The difference for me and my use..is between day and night. I'm happy......and thanks for your help!!

5. Macoroni6538

Registered

I am a n00b here but I try to tell the facts.

Best unknown facts- I mean I could tell you weed makes sex with white women better?

Starting shit: Nancy Reagan was the 1 that started minimum sentences and weed helps Alzheimer. I find the facts too funny.

6. IAmSam

IAmSam Budipino
    Registered

Sativa is really good but i find Indica way better. I play futsal/football and last night i played while stoned on some Indica. And it actually made my game way better (Even scored a goal!! :D), i was running faster, breathing deeper and reacting faster. Some moments even felt like slow-motion. Hahahaha so i would say that i do get energetic just as i would be even if i was on Sativa. The difference on me with Indica vs Sativa is that i get the crazy munchies and don't stop blabbering on Sativa while on Indica i'd be just chill. But i would be focused on both. ;)

7. Jeff

Jeff Casual
    Registered

Twitter:
    @Jbreeden2006
    Ill have to say hybrid. Grown my own for a long time and finally I think I've bred my perfect strain. I started crossing blue dream and white widow then over the years I added in sour diesel and last yr. Grape ape and it's awesome. But did lots of strain research hoping to get the best of all 4 strains it saves me a lot of money anyway and most important it helps my pain

8. High-Desert

Registered

Twitter:
    @marlin39a
    I prefer hybrids. My favorite is Blueberry Blackberry. Indica dominate.Gives me a good body stone, but with increased awareness. Great for relaxing and watching my favorite videos.

9. Moffaka

Moffaka Meh
    Registered

Mmm, me too. Best strain ;)

• About Us

Ted's Marijuana Forum is a community for discussion, education, networking, and bringing people together with the commonality of cannabis. This community is not just a "let's get high" website. We are that and much more. Your input is always taken and any issues you might have and need help with can usually be solved fairly quick if you email [email protected] and let us know what issues you are having. Thank you for the support by joining, participating, and spreading TMF to others.
  • Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation