1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Ted here...thanks for visiting. Want to join us? No emails, no newsletter, no logging IP and you can delete your account at anytime. No strings attached. We are a very open community.
    Dismiss Notice

Everything I Am Taking A Break For My Health

Discussion in 'Ted's Ramblings' started by Ted, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Ted

Ted Just Adam, AKA, Ted
    Admin

Twitter:
    @tedsmarijuana
    It's been a rough last few years and I am not seeking pity in this post. I wanted to write a short ramble that covers my lack of participation on Facebook, Twitter, and everywhere else to include here. Sometimes I feel good enough to chat and use the computer and most of the time I am in pain and sick to my stomach from meds. Even writing this I want to throw up and take some heavy meds so I can go to sleep for a while.

I am thankful for the fine people that contribute here and have helped me keep this passion alive. Without knowing me they still believe in this enough to come here each day and say hello. This isn't a big forum or one that is giving away prizes daily, but it is one that matters to me and it is an honor to get to know some of the regulars. Thank you for being there.

My health is not very good at the moment. I am in pain 24/7, and many other things going on. I stopped doing a lot of things because I just don't have the willpower or ability to write new threads and reply every day. After retiring from the military last February I have not had the proper VA support for medications and treatments and it's drastically affected my ability to function. I have nothing to apologize for, but I owe at least some kind of reasoning of why you don't see me where you used to. I stepped away from social groups because I can't do drama as well and no I don't have text messaging on my phone anymore or email at the moment.

I will continue to do what I can, but please don't expect too much out of me. I could close this all down but it still serves a purpose for more than just myself. We have mods and admins that still can support while I am taking a break. I have many issues such as depression, fibromyalgia, insomnia, cervical pain (neck), back pain, fucked up feet, knees, and other things. These are documented and diagnosed properly so it's not some WebMD stuff. I know many members have issues as well and can relate so I can rest assure I am not alone in this.

Please feel free to use the community, start a conversation with me and chat as normal. I have zero intention of quitting and closing the site, but please understand that I may not be around much until I can find a way to manage my health in a way that brings me back to a functional state of mind. I will reply as I can and appreciate you reading this. It means that I have one more person who is getting something from the site. Eventually, I hope to be back to a manageable state and continue building this. Until then, please understand that it could take me a bit and if you throw in the towel in the meantime it is understood and no hard feelings.

If we don't meet again then please know that I am glad to have met you. Hopefully, I will talk with you in the near future though. Thanks for your understanding...

2. Jay Greenleaf

Registered

I'm sorry to hear your health isn't where it should be. Ive got a lot of respect for you and why you've done here. I wish you the best of luck in getting well

3. Ted

Ted Just Adam, AKA, Ted
    Admin

Twitter:
    @tedsmarijuana
    Thank you @Jay Greenleaf, I appreciate the compliment and understanding. I have a new med today from my doctor. Maybe that will help me turn this around and get back to business. It sucks to have this much standing in my way, but I need to be here for a long time still and I need to give myself a break when I notice that my body is telling me to take some time.

4. Cudzu

Cudzu Member
    Staff Member Global Moderator Verified Registered

Dear Adam,
    Remember I said be prepared, mentally.
    You are not alone.

My 3-year, disability process, pushed me to the edge of worthlessness.
    My mind was confused from Rx, multiple sickness, pain, and no resolve. The doctors blew me off or wanted a psychologist eval. (A lame diversion to protect their ignorant incompetence.)

So many ppl, are suffering and crying for a little compassion.

You are not crazy nor fabricating.
    Be persistent and consistent with your claim.
    This situation will pass, be strong and learn patience.
    (I hate the thumb twitting patience crap)
    Stay busy.

WE, know the truth, and
    We live, to help others better understand, the unexpected.
    Tell your story, as we walk through life, together.

• Love This! Love This! x 2
    • List
  5. Ted

Ted Just Adam, AKA, Ted
    Admin

Twitter:
    @tedsmarijuana
    Thank you. When I feel it I certainly come here because I know you guys are there to lean on. My ups and downs are wild right now. I felt great last week while I fee awful and dark this week. Anyone that has felt this knows that it's not a good place to be in. I will continue to come here but I may not participate depending on my mood. Sometimes it's just better to say "everyone, I need a minute, and I will be back when I am ready to participate". In the meantime, I am going to focus on some writing and see if it takes away some of my pain.

You guys are awesome and it is probably my only outlet to really express myself completely and honestly. Thank you!

• Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  6. Jeff

Jeff Casual
    Registered

Twitter:
    @Jbreeden2006
    Tedam thoughts are with u my friend! Pain sux!!!!

7. shadowwalker

shadowwalker Serial DevOps
    Registered

I'm sorry to hear about your health Adam. I'm with everyone else, you're not alone. I joined the forum for this sole purpose. I believe in the continuity of dreams long past their dreamers time.

That being said, we all support you and wish you an easy long life. Fight on with us beside you.

• Love This! Love This! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. Peer345

Peer345 Weed doctor
    Registered

Hello Ted I was wondering how you are and doing? I have great respect for you and I hope you can live your life as you fit. Don.t let people tell you what to do, you know your body and you know what you feel. How are your pain levels and do you use MMJ as a treatment? Oké Ted hang in their and have a good day. With kind regards Peer

9. Ted

Ted Just Adam, AKA, Ted
    Admin

Twitter:
    @tedsmarijuana
    Hi @Peer345 I am about the same but trying new meds and what not to help. I am not using MMJ because of where I am, but I have a feeling that I will be going somewhere soon enough where I might be able to. All in a matter of time, but I am a live and well and that counts for a lot! I hope you are doing well friend and I am glad to see you around!

10. Peer345

Peer345 Weed doctor
    Registered

Thanks for your quick reply, now I have a idea how you think and handle your condition. I don,t want to ask you private questions but I have some issues too. If you have the feeling to talk to someone like a third party you know we're to find me. Later Peer

11. Ted

Ted Just Adam, AKA, Ted
    Admin

Twitter:
    @tedsmarijuana
    Thanks Peer. Sometimes it's good to talk to others. I will be sure to reach out if I need to and I appreciate the offer!

• About Us

Ted's Marijuana Forum is a community for discussion, education, networking, and bringing people together with the commonality of cannabis. This community is not just a "let's get high" website. We are that and much more. Your input is always taken and any issues you might have and need help with can usually be solved fairly quick if you email [email protected] and let us know what issues you are having. Thank you for the support by joining, participating, and spreading TMF to others.
  • Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation