• Ted here...thanks for visiting. Want to join us? We are a very open community and you don't have to worry about other people judging you here.

Wiki How-to Use The Wiki

Ted

Old Member
Admin
Ok the Wiki is new to me as well. I have to build out templates and CSS still. I have never done anything substantial with a Wiki so I am dumb as of this post, however...I am going to fix that. In the meantime, if someone has experience and can help I would greatly appreciate it, especially on templates and maybe even some tutorial videos. I will make them once I am familiar with it a bit.

Good news is I am making progress. Reading for about 3 hours has helped understand the flow of the Wiki. Please bare with me while I get things together and make pages for the strains then we can add to them as possible. I will be editing this as I go along to fill in the gaps so later I can do videos on the process. No one has done any since this was introduced 3 years ago so I want to make sure I give back a bit to anyone else thinking about adding a wiki.

Adding a Page
Okay, it's time to add the 1st page! You have to add the code:
Code:
<div class="messageText ugc baseHtml">
</div>
to get things rolling. Once you open a page with that it gives the page the community styling. We use Xenforo for the community software so a lot of the tutorial comes from there, at least for now.

Using Templates

Adding Images

I will fill in the info to this as we go along.

Last edited:

IAmSam

Budipino
Registered
Really excited about this @Ted :D So just to be clear, i just copy that code on a blank edit and give it a title and URL then the page i made will be on a separate page? And will it be searchable via search bar or is it going to be on some sort of a list?

Ted

Old Member
Admin
Really excited about this @Ted :D So just to be clear, i just copy that code on a blank edit and give it a title and URL then the page i made will be on a separate page? And will it be searchable via search bar or is it going to be on some sort of a list?
I believe so, but I am still learning too. If we mess up we can always delete and start over. You can give the page a parent page and it will be listed under that in the special pages area. If you don't it will be considered top level and it is all searchable and editable by the entire community.