• Ted here...thanks for visiting. Want to join us? We are a very open community and you don't have to worry about other people judging you here.

Basics How To Roll A Basic Joint

Kronik Clothing

Sprout
Verified Business
Registered

Step 1 : Choose a type of paper you would like to use. (Papers come in all shapes, sizes, colors and designs).

• Look for papers that burn slowly, evenly, and won’t give a bad flavor. Some good papers to use include RAW natural hemp rolling papers and orange Zig-zags (if you’re feeling old-school).
  • If you plan to carry your papers around with you, get a rolling paper protector. Put your rolling papers in this metal case to prevent them from bending and tearing.
  • Carry spare paper. Gummed strips torn from a spare paper are great for mending tears, leaks, and gaps.

Step 2 : Get the marijuana and prepare and grind it. (Remove any seeds, stems, and leaves)

• Aim for an even grind. Larger buds burn more slowly, which will cause your joint to burn unevenly, while an excessively fine grind will make rolling more difficult.
  • Store unused buds inside an airtight container in a cool, dry place.
  • The amount of marijuana you'll need depends on how large the paper is. Generally, though, ½ a gram is enough for a single joint. When smoking a joint with friends, you’ll need ¾ of a gram. Blunts take the most, usually between 1-2 grams.
  • Certain types of grinders have a special compartment to collect kief, which are the trichomes of the cannabis plant. Kief has a higher concentration of THC than of the flowers. Some people choose to sprinkle some kief over the marijuana before rolling.

Step 3 : Add a filter tip ( This is a piece of index card that's inserted into the end of a marijuana cigarette)

• Tear a thin strip from an index card or business card. Fold it three times to make a pleat and roll the rest of the unfolded filter around the folded. It should look like a "W" in a circle.
  • The width of the roach is a matter of personal preference. Wider ones let more smoke through, which produces a rougher smoke, while thinner ones cool the smoke but run a greater risk of clogging. Shoot for somewhere in the middle.
  • Alternately, you can buy cellulose filter tips like those used in tobacco cigarettes. These can be found at smoking shops and probably your dispensary.
  • Although some people refer to the filter tip as a "roach", this is incorrect. A roach is the tip of the joint that is left over after smoking. They’re related, but not always the same thing.
Step 4 : Roll the joint

• Tear out one of the papers from the booklet and fold it in half lengthwise being sure the side with the glue is up.

• Twist one of the bottom corners of the paper. This will be the front.

• Place the marijuana inside. Distribute it evenly along the length of the paper to ensure an even burn.

• Don't overload it or the joint won't close properly. On the other hand, don't be stingy with the mix or you'll end up with a "pinner."
  • Pick everything up and roll it back and forth until the mix in the rolling paper is evenly dispersed and cylindrical in shape.
  • Lay the filter down in the center at one end of the joint. Put the roach in before rolling saves hassle and makes it more likely that you'll get a perfect fit.

• Proceed to tuck and roll up the back half of the joint also sealing it by licking the glue.

• Twist the front end a little more then bite the tip off leaving a small nub.

• Lick the sticky strip of the paper and seal the joint. Lightly twist the end of the joint to keep the contents from falling out.
And thats how to roll a basic joint.

You can read more at : Kronik Clothing

stxndg

I like to smoke.
Registered
Instead of biting the tip off the joint you can use a small pair of scissors and even save what I call the joint clippings. If you save enough joint ends you can roll another joint with those.

stxndg

I like to smoke.
Registered
Instead of biting the tip off the joint you can use a small pair of scissors and even save what I call the joint clippings. If you save enough joint ends you can roll another joint with those.
But I roll mine without filters so there's weed in my clippings.