• Ted here...thanks for visiting. Want to join us? We are a very open community and you don't have to worry about other people judging you here.

History History Of Love, Hate, And Legalization

mikey

Meh
Registered
I believe that to understand current situation with legalization, we need a little bit of context. It turned out interesting how our society has changed just in one century. For a long, long time in history, cannabis, in general, was quite spread among nations. People grew, produced, and enjoyed cannabis. And then - boom - it's out and dangerously prohibited.

There goes a pretty cool infographic on the world history of cannabis. It gives a lot of context for today's battle we're facing. I just wonder how comes that we, as a society, run such cycles, from total acceptance to hate and fight for recognition again.

How do you think, what are our chances to face a cannabis stigma again in the future? (Let's believe we have won this round already :) )

Jeff

Registered
Ill have to blame HARRY J. ANSLINGER for all our current cannabis woes! GREED,stupidity and peoples underlying sheepishness caused this whole stupid mess over one of the greatest weeds on this or should I say any planet. Folks don't be SHEEP don't just follow and do as your told. Think your own thoughts express your own thoughts live your life for you not the way BIG BROTHER wants u to live it. Cannabis is a wonderful plant it saves lives it calms minds

mikey

Meh
Registered
Ill have to blame HARRY J. ANSLINGER for all our current cannabis woes!
Yes and yes. I mean, at some point in time I was thinking "a guy is obsessed with fighting marijuana." And I believe that we waste our money on fighting nothing. Science can't find a crime in marijuana. People find relief there. And still a stigma, so big, so ugly.
Why won't people reconsider the use of pharmaceuticals? Why do we tend to eat so many dangerous chemicals just for an ordinary cold? It's ridiculous.