• Ted here...thanks for visiting. Want to join us? We are a very open community and you don't have to worry about other people judging you here.

Oils & Butter Help! First time making canna butter with water!

Karma__xx

Meh
Registered
Hi!! I’m new here and could realllly use some help.

I used to always cook my canna butter with the weed directly inside the pot (no water), and I had my first issue the other day but I was able to fix it!

I made a new batch last night with water, and the color isn’t that beautiful green that I’m used to. Instead, I got a light yellow with a green hint, and I’m afraid that the potency isn’t high.

I was wondering if I should try cooking the weed in the butter again?

I used:
- 50g of bud 15% THC
-1lb of butter
- 8 cups of water

Got the butter warm and melted, added my weed, and turned down the heat to a low simmer & let it sit there for 4 hours stirring every like 15-20 min or so. Once the 4 hours were up my stove was still on but my mixture was not really warm to the touch I could say maybe even room temperature. Is this normal when simmering with water? I tried the butter and it has a faint weed taste.

I’ve been in stress mode since last night trying to figure this out!

Please help ❤ Thank you.

MurrayYvonne

Meh
Registered
To be honest, I didn't believe in CBD at all and kept hearing my friends talk about the magical properties of CBD oil. Some of my friends used them to overcome anxiety, others used them to lose weight, and the rest used CBD as a painkiller. I thought it was something like a placebo effect, and their strong beliefs make it work. Until I began to suffer from insomnia. I couldn't sleep for several nights, and during the day I felt like the walking dead. I tried several different sleeping pills, yoga, meditation, exercise, herbal teas. Nothing worked. Then I borrowed an ultra premium CBD flower from one of my friends and it worked.

Last edited: