• Ted here...thanks for visiting. Want to join us? We are a very open community and you don't have to worry about other people judging you here.

Hello everybody noob grower here

420SOS

Meh
Registered
Hello guys, I'm a cannabis researcher, writer, editor and blogger but to be honest I suck at growing.

I'm hoping to meet new people, learn from them and perhaps share a little bit of what I know. I was a language professor for 20 years so sharing knowledge is of paramount importance to me.

Free the plant!

Ted

Old Member
Admin
Welcome to the community!I love writing so it's nice to have someone else who can appreciate around here. We got some really knowledgeable members around. Especially @Lymmie and @Peer345 ! If you need anything just holler.

420SOS

Meh
Registered
Thanks! I'll be checking them out! I need to improve my growing skills but I'm constantly traveling and that makes growing a bit more Been thinking of sharing my blog here
6 Ways To Smoke Weed Without Smelling Or Being Caught
My name SOS means: Survival and Optimization System, that's why I chose that topic in particular but there are a couple of posts more I would like to share and perhaps get some input? It's a collaboration and having other people's perspective would be awesome

Ted

Old Member
Admin
Traveling absolutely makes things challenging. I am going to try an ebb & flow system next year to help automate the process a bit. I am on the go a lot too so this would be a huge help. I will check out your writing too.

420SOS

Meh
Registered
Traveling absolutely makes things challenging. I am going to try an ebb & flow system next year to help automate the process a bit. I am on the go a lot too so this would be a huge help. I will check out your writing too.
Thanks, yes I've been thinking of automating but I suck at growing as it is, dnt know if I'll be that much better doing advanced stuff before improving my basics, but I might have to give it a go

Ted

Old Member
Admin
I suck at it too, but luckily lots of YouTube videos seem to get me to where I need to be. I tried with just tomatoes this year but next year I will give it a shot and see where it goes. I was watching a new channel that is using Rasberry Pi's and he seems to be doing some really cool stuff with automating.

420SOS

Meh
Registered
I suck at it too, but luckily lots of YouTube videos seem to get me to where I need to be. I tried with just tomatoes this year but next year I will give it a shot and see where it goes. I was watching a new channel that is using Rasberry Pi's and he seems to be doing some really cool stuff with automating.
Yes YouTube sure helps, tomatoes are hard, they are a delicate fruit, how did it go? I grew some nice ones but then they got some kind of gnats and lost that plant, raspberry sounds tasty, have you tried it?

Ted

Old Member
Admin
It went okay. I did the Krakey (spelling?) method using food grade buckets. I wanted to learn how to do the nutrients and managing the growth cycle. I have Roma tomatoes, but the plants look a bit rough. I think automating it and managing pH and feeding schedules would make a world of difference. I started them in the grow tent and moved them outside in June. I would say I had success. I will eat one next week. They are just turning red here.