1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Ted here...thanks for visiting. Want to join us? No emails, no newsletter, no logging IP and you can delete your account at anytime. No strings attached. We are a very open community.
    Dismiss Notice

Hello And Thank You For Building This Community

Discussion in 'Citizen's Corner - Introduce Yourself' started by PearlPlum, Jul 22, 2017.

1. PearlPlum

PearlPlum Meh
    Registered

Hello everyone, I am happy to have found this community and hope to contribute where I can.

I am located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and on ES time so I am likely 2-3 hours ahead of most of the people on the board.

I have been in payments, banking and security since 1999 and have been following the cannabis industry's cash problem for the last few years. Recently, I developed a solution to help banks overcome their fear of the industry by de-risking cash payments and making the risk level acceptable to the bank community. The bank's aversion is not to cannabis itself but rather the risk associated with cash intensive businesses.

I am always available to answer questions and will try to contribute some posts once I have look around.

Have a great evening everyone!

Steve

2. Ted

Ted Just Adam, AKA, Ted
    Admin

Twitter:
    @tedsmarijuana
    Welcome to the community, Steve! It's good to have a background like yours here. Banking is probably one of the biggest if not the biggest issue the industry faces. I really thought cryptocurrency would have taken hold and helped the industry out by now but it seems to be slow going. The next few years will be critical for this area and I have a feeling you will have plenty of questions from the community along the way. Thanks for the support and joining us as we build TMF!

3. Lymmie

Lymmie Sprout
    Staff Member Admin Global Moderator Verified Registered

Twitter:
    @lymsleia327
    Welcome to the community Steve. Im excited for your countrys legalization next july! Congratulations. Hopefully it helps some of the struggling provinces and territories with new revenue and jobs.

Ted one reason i personally havent used cryptocurrency is i dont know enough about it and it confused me badly back when it was new. Do you havce to buy 1 bitcoin before you can break it into chunks or can you turn 20 bucks into 0.05 of a bitcoin or something like that? Attitude seedbank and im sure others accept bit coin though.

• About Us

Ted's Marijuana Forum is a community for discussion, education, networking, and bringing people together with the commonality of cannabis. This community is not just a "let's get high" website. We are that and much more. Your input is always taken and any issues you might have and need help with can usually be solved fairly quick if you email [email protected] and let us know what issues you are having. Thank you for the support by joining, participating, and spreading TMF to others.
  • Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation