• Ted here...thanks for visiting. Want to join us? We are a very open community and you don't have to worry about other people judging you here.

Everything Happy Thanksgiving To Some & Catching Up

Ted

Old Member
Admin
It's been a crazy month mentally and physically, but it's the end of the year so this is nothing new. I have several points I wanted to write about so please hang in there. The first order of business is to say Happy #Thanksgiving to those in the U.S. and I hope you have time to be with loved ones. Living #overseas is a very different experience, but the Americans abroad have a way of finding each other and bringing us to the table for a ham or turkey. I am 7 hours from a full belly that I will regret the entire evening.

Now I am going to type a short list of what is happening with the community:
  • People are signing up on their own without having to influence that decision.
  • I disabled the opt-out feature of the newsletter. You have to click yes to it.
  • Nikki is spending 80% of her time building our #Facebook page so Twitter is going to reflect that but I will try to hold the fort together.
  • Several people have asked to write for the site, but there is no money to hire positions at the moment. TMF is completely self-funding. This is just honesty.
  • The surveys and feedback site did make the move to another domain and will take time to build out.
  • I am not moving the articles from here.
  • I am going to keep improving things without massive changes.
  • All #email has switched. The only site email is [email protected] or [email protected]. I needed to remove the forum part so it is shorter.
  • There are no moderators currently.
  • All emails will have full text so you don't have to visit the site to see what they reply is.
Those are the ones I could think of and if there are more then I guess they weren't important enough to remember. I just want to type what I am grateful for during this holiday.

A year ago I had no idea if this was going to turn into something or not. I know that some mark success with money, but I prefer to measure it in relationships. I have met some amazing people over the past 15 months and we grew a 135 member forum to a 5K member strong community. I owe much of that to Nikki and the members who joined. I mostly provide content, server maintenance, and software updates. Thousands of hours go into a project like this and my goal was merely to bring together people and hopefully help the stigma. That's happened to a small degree.

This is the largest thing I am grateful for. I honestly never thought we would be this far along. So thank you for reading this and being here.

I am currently working on a lot of writing and starting a book that I hope will be available around March 2017. When I am not here at TMF, it's usually because I am writing. This is how I fund my web projects so it's important to me and not just a hobby. This only gets included so everyone knows that I haven't ditched the site. I check in everyday and Jeff, Lymmie, Cudzu, and others have been incredible by keeping a presence here. I hope soon that I will be able to meet members in person as I travel around the states. For those abroad, I love traveling so you are not too far to meet!

That's it for now. Things are still coming along nicely and it will only get better!