1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Ted here...thanks for visiting. Want to join us? No emails, no newsletter, no logging IP and you can delete your account at anytime. No strings attached. We are a very open community.
    Dismiss Notice

Glad The Election Is Over & Hillary Is Done

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by Ted, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Ted

Ted My Friends Call Me Ted
    Admin

Twitter:
    @tedsmarijuana
    I am beyond happy that the #election is over just so people can stop arguing and we can focus on the future. I didn't get my pick either, and if you did then congrats to you. I was all in for Bernie, but I still think Bernie isn't done yet. The one point I want to make though is this is the end for the Clinton's.

I know I have some pro-Clinton members and I probably understand why. She played dirty and while most do, she pulled in all kinds of favors. I am very happy that Wikileaks put the secrets out there. The shame Hillary and her team should have based on many of those email probably doesn't exist. I could believe how much shit went down behind the scenes.

Trump had his shit on blast from day one and rolled with the punches. Everyone else had their's hidden, but I would like to also thank #Anonymous for their work. I followed their YouTube channel through the year and they have done a lot to throw a wrench into the works. We are getting transparency even if it's forced. I hope this continues so we can take back out bought government.

I wish the Green Party was that color because of cannabis, but we can't have it all. I want this era of the Clinton's to end. Their greed, manipulation, stereotyping, pro-everything-awful. Do you think they will be done?

2. FatFreddy

FatFreddy Recruit
    Registered

Hi Ted, I can understand you wanting rid of the Clintons but Trump? Comes across as a total low life to me, the fact he is best buddies with Farage says it all for me. Looks like globally politics is heading for a dark period.
    On the subject of cannabis, will trump be a positive influence or turn back to the war on drugs. Here in the UK we now have Theresa May, prime minister without a mandate who thinks she can act independently of parliament and definitely anti drugs. The road to freeing the weed might just have become a lot longer.

3. Ted

Admin

Twitter:
    @tedsmarijuana
    I dislike Trump equally and if my post didn't seem like it then I apologize. I am a firm believer that he will not legalize cannabis, but I am desperately hoping that I am wrong. He came in second on anti-marijuana stances in the 3 candidates that were asked. Sorry to hear about the UK. There are too many of these people that are standing in the way. I don't know how to beat them other than run for office myself.

4. FatFreddy

FatFreddy Recruit
    Registered

Problem is ted as I see it western democracy is vulnerable to abuse in that even when the old powers are toppled in a legitimate election the candidates are so sub standard and are themselves representing special interests. the latest batch coming through tending toward fascism. Which is what I find particularly disturbing about Trump and Farage, particularly Trumps possible associations with Putin. In the UK for a short while it looked like we would get a liberal democrat party in power which would have given us proportional representation. Unfortunately they are now pretty much defunct and there is no way the other two would entertain that possibility.
    So my approach in term of the herb is simply to continue to educate myself to its many virtues and pass that information on to anyone interested. the fact that cannabis will treat so many chronic conditions is what will eventually tip the balance I believe, a generation of geriatrics clamouring for weed to ease their aches and pains would be difficult to ignore.

5. Mimzy

Mimzy Meh
    Registered

I'm a Bernicrat. He is going to keep running the show from his Senate seat. We just need to remain engaged at our local level.

6. Ted

Admin

Twitter:
    @tedsmarijuana
    Bernie is a good man and I have all the love in the world for him.

This is really all we can do. I certainly appreciate your point of view. The governments have been taken over and there isn't much you can do in the way of changing that short of a true uprising and I don't wish to see that either.

7. FatFreddy

FatFreddy Recruit
    Registered

Ted I have been an anarchist in the true sense of the word all my life but as the established order appears to be crumbling I am horrified by the prospect of what might take its place. I see your trump is now recommending Farage for US ambassador, starting to think there is a conspiracy within western society, will it be Le Pen for the French Presidency next, think its time for my medication :) ATB

8. Lite

Lite Locked in Lymmie's Basement.
    Staff Member Global Moderator Verified Registered

Prophetic. Yeah its gonna be le pen.

9. Ted

Admin

Twitter:
    @tedsmarijuana
    I hope it won't be Le Pen for the sake of the EU and France. Some of these elections are hurting countries instead of helping them. I am watching the news on what is taking place in France and the 2 choices that are running are not good for the country...at least in this American's opinion. I am not French (well ancestrally I am), so I probably need a bit more brushing up on this. I do know her father was a real gem. I am glad John Oliver covered it a bit a couple weeks ago.