1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Ted here...thanks for visiting. Want to join us? No emails, no newsletter, no logging IP and you can delete your account at anytime. No strings attached. We are a very open community.
    Dismiss Notice

Gardening Is Therapeutic

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by Jay Hidoshi, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Jay Hidoshi

Jay Hidoshi I Take Life Very Serious.
    Registered

Twitter:
    @@coloradoinsight
    Horticulture therapy is a time-proven practice. The therapeutic benefits of garden environments have been documented since ancient times. Dr. Benjamin Rush, a signer of the Declaration of Independence and recognized as the "Father of AmericanPsychiatry", was first to document the positive effect working in the garden had on individuals with mental illness.

Gardening can help with depression, anxiety, and discharged veterans with post-traumatic stress disorder.

Gardening therapy is beneficial to the healthy mind as long as you enjoy it.

A vegetable garden can teach a variation of self-sustainability.

A vegetable garden can be a form of community service by sharing your harvested crop with a neighbor, employee, friends, or anyone in the community.

Gardening can in turn lead to writing a journal, which can be another therapy in its-self. Keeping a journal specifically for your garden, year after year, allows you to recall specifics to memory. For example: insect problems and solutions, weather problems and solutions, an organic solution that was successful at solving powdery mildew, what strain of pepper grew quickly, what strain of pepper had the best flavor, etc.

Writing a journal can be useful for all daily activities. Over the course of 5, 7, and 10 years the mind can enjoy the help of written notes when it comes to simple tasks of remembering names and places. A journal can be used as entertainment to just rewind your life and read it. Writing is another therapy in its-self and in todays cell phone world, notes can be written quickly.

Gardening and writing help you cope with issues that may seem tremendous.

The process of expressing yourself through the variety of things that you grow in your garden can be a learning experience that can reap rewards at harvest.

Gardening can be a practice that can be transferred to ones personal goals in life of self-improvement and achieving higher goals. Gardening can be a simple repetition of learning from your mistakes. Making less mistakes in life helps fine-tune your goals in life. The journal can help express any problems, edit your thoughts, and prepare or solve any issues that you may face.

A medical marijuana business plan.

I have been a resident of Colorado for 26 years. I'm a former owner of a Denver dispensary. It sold for retirement. My book, titled "Colorado Marijuana Real Estate", is a how to guide for entrepreneurs and the blue-collar guy. This book provides a blueprint for starting a medical marijuana business plan.

Download the eBook for FREE while the promotion lasts: http://www.coloradomjrealestate.com/free-ebook-download/ IMG_1741.JPG

2. Dr_edible

Dr_edible Inheritor
    Registered

Very good post. I also believe,from first hand experience, gardening can be therapeutic & rewarding. When you take care of something like a marijuana or tomato plant (both are similar when it comes to care taking) for months, fighting off spider mites and keeping a female plant from turning hermaphroditic it can make a parenting gardener very proud and in some cases ... very lit ;).

3. Jay Hidoshi

Jay Hidoshi I Take Life Very Serious.
    Registered

Twitter:
    @@coloradoinsight
    Dr_edible, I do thank you for your kind words. Your great state of California is about to make Colorado look like small potatoes.
    Dr_edible, What can you tell me about San Bernardino and Adelanto and Desert Springs. Are these areas all bought up and will these areas be a marijuana mecca?

I enjoy blogging. Getting accurate information is key. What's the buzz? Where are the next commercial business areas in California to support the marijuana growing industry? If San Bernardino is all bought-up....then where is the next likely commercial business growing county? Of course water is a must and systems that can recycle and re-use water may be the only solution in the future.

California is on the verge of being the mother of marijuana mecca and will make Colorado look like small buds. After-all, California is where the big farms started. IMG_1741.JPG

4. Dr_edible

Dr_edible Inheritor
    Registered

Well the three places you mentioned are not very good for outdoor growing because of the desert like climate (we legally couldn't even water our lawns for more than 15 minutes last summer because of a drought) but they might create a large demand for marijuana as they expand in population. I wrote something that would answer your question better. It's just been edited but I will reply with the link soon and you can let me know what you think after reading it =)