1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Ted here...thanks for visiting. Want to join us? No emails, no newsletter, no logging IP and you can delete your account at anytime. No strings attached. We are a very open community.
    Dismiss Notice

Social G+ Community Has Been Suspended

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Ted, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Ted

Ted My Friends Call Me Ted
    Admin

Twitter:
    @tedsmarijuana
    I am writing this with a heavy heart that after 18 months of hard work in building an extension of our community on G+ that our community has been #suspended. I don't anticipate that it will be given back so I am announcing the closure here. I expected this but had no idea when it would hit, but I have that answer now. I won't be able to message those members to what happened or to bring them here to connect, and that is what happens when you build your house on someone else's land.

All this does is prove that having a website that stands on its own is more fortified from the whims of shareholders and advertisers. They may have gotten our G+ community, but they haven't taken our true community.

I would be foolish to think our Facebook group is safe as well or other communities like ours. I just want people to know that we didn't shut it down, and we are going nowhere. If you want to still be a part of this then come here and support the effort. We have groups right here on site. There is nothing holding us back except the convenience of having a FB login or a G+ login. We have that too, but not as awesome as the big boys.

Let people know so admins and mods of those groups on social media can prepare for a possible bad day. Instagram took our account a while ago, and now it's G+, but I don't plan on wrapping up shop and heading home anytime soon. This community is stronger than that. I just want to get the word out there for everyone and hope that no other groups get shut down for "abusive content".

2. Ted

Ted My Friends Call Me Ted
    Admin

Twitter:
    @tedsmarijuana
    As of this morning, the community is back and I am thankful not to completely lose 18 months of work to build it to what it is. Thank you to everyone and especially @Lymmie for submitting a reconsideration. It worked and we are back online. This did remind me that we are building on someone else's land though and it's important to make sure those members are reminded that the website is here in case it happens again.

If you are a member of our social groups please let others know that we are up and alive!

• Love This! Love This! x 2
    • List
  3. Peer345

Peer345 Weed doctor
    Registered

I’m not sure I get all of this but I want to let Lymmie and Ted know that I stand behind them and keep on doing your great work. Have a nice Sunday. Later Peer