• Ted here...thanks for visiting. Want to join us? We are a very open community and you don't have to worry about other people judging you here.

Botany Foreign Hemp Seeds

Jeff

Registered
In my state they have kinda given the go ahead for the growing of industrial hemp but the first grow season was postponed by the government having to clear the seed through customs I think, I just don't understand why when we have a great Native Strain that grows wild along a lot of railroad tracks around the country. Why not use native seed guess that would have been to simple lol just kinda pees me off because here are these farmers with there fields sitting empty waiting. It's a shame...

Jeff

Registered
You are probably right Freddy but from what older folks have told me it's called American Hemp cool link

Cudzu

Staff member
Global Moderator
Verified
Registered
Seeds develop genetic markers for their typical environment, bred under.

A strange environment or latitude will affect the plant potential until the dna settle at the new growth zone.
Altitude (barometric pressure), may be a consideration too.

The first season, may be subdued.

I regard legacy seed stock, as established for the area's ground conditions, as my outdoor preference.
My 2¢

Jeff

Registered
Here U can actually grow hemp but THC level has to be nonexistent .03% or less and u have to get seed from county agri. Dept and seeds aren't native their foreign seed . I like u think a domestic seed would be better. And I know it exists grows wild along most rural railroads.. let us grown Pure Native American Hemp would be more productive.

FatFreddy

Recruit
Registered
Here U can actually grow hemp but THC level has to be nonexistent .03% or less and u have to get seed from county agri. Dept and seeds aren't native their foreign seed . I like u think a domestic seed would be better. And I know it exists grows wild along most rural railroads.. let us grown Pure Native American Hemp would be more productive.
Your talking about ditch weed. hemp_dea_has_spent_175_million_e

Cudzu

Staff member
Global Moderator
Verified
Registered
I don't know guys?
You might have missed gold in them ditches. (Me too)

Old timer told me, they planted good seed in the roadside ditches where the COUNTY tractor mowers could not mow.
(Or knew where Not to mow).
cheers