Hi everyone, I am working on using my leftover cakes from pressing oil. I realize that I have pressed most of the oil out in the process, but there may be a little left in there. I want to decarb the remaining material and soak it in Everclear for a couple of weeks then filter it for a tincture. I have watched about 20 different videos on to do this and I probably have it. Here is what I am going to do:
- Remove bud from filter bags and grind it onto a tray (7-14g, depending on a single or double batch).
- Decarboxylate in the oven at 240F for 45 minutes. This is typical for when I am prepping my oil for edibles.
- Soak in Everclear inside of a quart mason jar using 2-4 cups of alcohol.
- Wait 2 weeks after storing it in a cold dark place.
- Filter in 2 stages using cheesecloth for the first, and double coffee filter for the second.
- Fill 2oz tincture bottles of tincture that is ready to use.