• Ted here...thanks for visiting. Want to join us? We are a very open community and you don't have to worry about other people judging you here.

Do You Use A Crypto Currency?

Ted

Old Member
Admin
I am diving straight into learning Bitcoin and other alt coins out there. I feel like an idiot for not getting in years ago, but no ragrets amirite? I am curious, do you use it? If so these are the questions I have to educate me and others:
  • When did you start?
  • What alt coins do you carry?
  • Is it your primary way of doing transactions?
  • Do you think this is the future?
  • Do you use Coinbase or do you go the completely anonymous route?
  • Have you done the localcoin way of getting coins?
  • What advice do you have for others wanting to get in?
  • Do you believe in Potcoin?
  • Anything else you want to add?
I am a curious fella that loves technology so I am way in on this. I am the kind of guy that had to have the Oneplus 1, every gadget possible, and wrote for tech blogs over the years. I am geeky as fuck, but I want more information.

Macoroni6538

Registered
  • When did you start? 2012
  • What alt coins do you carry? BTC but only because takes time
  • Is it your primary way of doing transactions? No
  • Do you think this is the future? always around but not take over in my lifetime anyway
  • Do you use Coinbase or do you go the completely anonymous route? I use of several of both
  • Have you done the localcoin way of getting coins? No
  • What advice do you have for others wanting to get in? Reading, research read, practice, its very interesting
  • Do you believe in Potcoin? No think fad based on the regulatory issues with banks etc mainly in legalized states but the SCOTUS bout fixed that with the states lawsuit ruling.
  • Anything else you want to add? I do have some crypto based on software- Cant understand it yet but just started
Any member feel free to ask me questions on BTC.

Disney

Meh
Registered
  • When did you start? 2012
  • What alt coins do you carry? BTC but only because takes time
  • Do you think this is the future? always around but not take over in my lifetime anyway
  • Do you use Coinbase or do you go the completely anonymous route? I use of several of both
  • What advice do you have for others wanting to get in? Reading, research read, practice, its very interesting
  • Do you believe in Potcoin? No think fad based on the regulatory issues with banks etc mainly in legalized states but the SCOTUS bout fixed that with the states lawsuit ruling.
  • Anything else you want to add? I do have some crypto based on software- Cant understand it yet but just started
Any member feel free to ask me questions on BTC.
I have no idea what this is any help for us behind on things I live in Utah and haven't even heard of potcoins BTC or alt coins help!!

Ted

Old Member
Admin
I know this isn't mainstream or anything. I dove in really hard one day on YouTube just by searching for anything that said BitCoin. I pretty much because a novice within 3 hours so don't feel like you are behind. I held out as long as I could before saying the Hell with it and queued up my Chromecast.

What you need to know is that this is worth something and if you have some, you can spend it on a lot of different things. I think a perfect intro would be a Netflix series by Morgan Spurlock. I think it's in the 3rd season in the "Inside Man". He buys 1 BitCoin and he can only use that to survive for a day or so. It is very well done and quickly gives you a basic understanding. I am still very excited about the entire thing and I wish I bought lots of it years ago, but oh well.

friendswithbears

Registered
  • When did you start? 2012, right at the height of Bitcoin pandemonium
  • What alt coins do you carry? i used to trade Litecoin and a couple other coins which are no longer around or matter
  • Is it your primary way of doing transactions?Nope, but I have used to for man different transaction including paying for my VPN and making donations to various things.
  • Do you think this is the future? yes and no. The real genius of Bitcoin lies in the Blockchain technology. Once Blockchain tech is mainstream so much shit will be built on top of it, but the end user won't even know because it'll be behind the scenes.
  • Do you use Coinbase or do you go the completely anonymous route? Used to Us CAvirtex, but it's shut down. Now I used QuadrigaCX to buy and sell coins.
  • Have you done the localcoin way of getting coins? MY first Bitcoin purchase was from a Bitcoin ATM downtown Vancouver.
  • What advice do you have for others wanting to get in? Buy and hold. Don't try and trade the price swings. NOT FOR THE WEAK STOMACH FOLKS Bitcoin's price can swing 30% in 24 hours and the market NEVER closes!
  • Do you believe in Potcoin? Nope.
  • Anything else you want to add? I traded bitcoin for a couple years and it stressed me the f*ck out. The markets never close and the price swings can be so dramatic you will shit your pants. On the other hand it is AMAZING technology and the market volatility is something to behold. It's settled down a little bit these days, but I no longer actively trade.
You can find information and news about Bitcoin here:
CoinDesk
Blockchain.info
r/bitcoin on reddit

For Charts:
Bitcoin Wisdom
Cryptowat.ch

I'm pretty knowledgable about all-things BTC so let me know if you have any questions and I'd happily answer them.

FWB

KatkaYES

Meh
Registered
Yes, i belive in BTC. Well i belive in crypto.
That is so simple. People who invest in crypto currency now can live and even spent their crypto money, for ex. clothes or food. Simply buying it with crypto. I do have BTC and also me and my husband have small restaurant. We want to give a change to everyone that want to eat a meal in our restaurant can pay it wtih crypto. With Elly pos life is just easyier and we are happier. It's win win combination. Think about it.

Lucy496Smith

Meh
Registered
I am diving straight into learning Bitcoin and other alt coins out there. I feel like an idiot for not getting in years ago, but no ragrets amirite? I am curious, do you use it? If so these are the questions I have to educate me and others:
  • When did you start?
  • What alt coins do you carry?
  • Is it your primary way of doing transactions?
  • Do you think this is the future?
  • Do you use Coinbase or do you go the completely anonymous route?
  • Have you done the localcoin way of getting coins?
  • What advice do you have for others wanting to get in?
  • Do you believe in Potcoin?
  • Anything else you want to add?
I am a curious fella that loves technology so I am way in on this. I am the kind of guy that had to have the Oneplus 1, every gadget possible, and wrote for tech blogs over the years. I am geeky as fuck, but I want more information.
This is fun! And yes I very much believe in crypto... and more so, in blockchain technology.
  • When did you start? 2016
  • What alt coins do you carry? ADA, DOT, BNB, LTC, aside of ETH and BTC
  • Do you think this is the future? Yes
  • Do you use Coinbase or do you go the completely anonymous route? yes and no, I mainly use Nexinter exchange
  • What advice do you have for others wanting to get in? Don't invest if you are not prepared to lose it.
  • Do you believe in Potcoin? Don't know it
  • Anything else you want to add? Don't be afraid of the dumps and don't get hyped by the spikes.