• Ted here...thanks for visiting. Want to join us? We are a very open community and you don't have to worry about other people judging you here.

Worldwide Countries against cannabis

420SOS

Meh
Registered
I'm working on iarticle I wrote which talks about some of the toughest laws against cannabis worldwide

Have a you been anywhere where they had ridiculous laws regarding weed while you were traveling or even where you live? It's completely illegal over here but I have heard of places where you might be sentenced to death for growing a single plant, I certainly wouldn't want to go there for vacation

Ted

Old Member
Admin
So, I lived in the Philippines a couple of years ago and while there isn't a death penalty, there really is a death penalty. This just normally was done without due justice. I didn't touch cannabis while there, but there are spots away from the city life that it is common and slightly accepted. The difference between Manila and Sagada is night and day. I lived in South Korea and they are very strict there, but I never really seen much use. When I lived in Saudi Arabia they were strict about everything.

I can stories for days, but I will think about the question more and see if I can add anything here.

420SOS

Meh
Registered
I'd love to hear more about the Philippines I wrote a little bit about it on my article but I definitely think it was lacking info, I'm editing it so any input would be very much appreciated
So, I lived in the Philippines a couple of years ago and while there isn't a death penalty, there really is a death penalty. This just normally was done without due justice. I didn't touch cannabis while there, but there are spots away from the city life that it is common and slightly accepted. The difference between Manila and Sagada is night and day. I lived in South Korea and they are very strict there, but I never really seen much use. When I lived in Saudi Arabia they were strict about everything.

I can stories for days, but I will think about the question more and see if I can add anything here.
I'd love to hear more about the Philippines I wrote a little bit about it on this article but I definitely think it was lacking info, I'm editing it because I want to add a section which includes some kind of testimony, so any input would be very much appreciated

Ted

Old Member
Admin
I don't have any kind of testimonial, but I hope someone else will that can give a more personal account. My experiences were more of what was on the news and second hand stories that flew through our subdivision. I just know it's a wild west out there right now with the current administration and views. They are softening, but it will take some time for that to really change.

420SOS

Meh
Registered
I don't have any kind of testimonial, but I hope someone else will that can give a more personal account. My experiences were more of what was on the news and second hand stories that flew through our subdivision. I just know it's a wild west out there right now with the current administration and views. They are softening, but it will take some time for that to really change.
Did you try to get anything there? I don't think I would, I'm used to laws n this side of the world, wouldn't want to risk my life just to get high, maybe I would though, vaca on the Phillies? Hard to resist lol

Ted

Old Member
Admin
I did not and my wife told me not to try it unless I went out to the very rural area or up to Sagada. Those are the areas I would have been safest to try. It's just too much of a gamble there for me to risk it all. I have faith that they will legalize before we do though. The cops just have a very harsh stance on taking care of the low level offenders. In other words, finding something and looking for money or even shooting the suspect and planting a weapon or drugs and call it even. I love it there, but I know where to stay and what not to do to avoid these kinds of issues. I will check out your blog over the weekend too!

420SOS

Meh
Registered
I did not and my wife told me not to try it unless I went out to the very rural area or up to Sagada. Those are the areas I would have been safest to try. It's just too much of a gamble there for me to risk it all. I have faith that they will legalize before we do though. The cops just have a very harsh stance on taking care of the low level offenders. In other words, finding something and looking for money or even shooting the suspect and planting a weapon or drugs and call it even. I love it there, but I know where to stay and what not to do to avoid these kinds of issues. I will check out your blog over the weekend too!
You are a smart man for listening to your wife, yes I've heard rural areas would be the safest places but even then, besides I think the cops would target foreigners to try and get some money out of any tourist who wants to party too hard, does sound like a cool place to visit, you really think they would legalize it there before ? Thanks the blog is a collaboration so you will probably find a lot of varied information but any input is always much appreciated

Ted

Old Member
Admin
They have actually been trying to legalize there for a while. The church is really holding things back there. So many Filipinos could benefit from this, but it's about corruption, reefer madness, and government servants doing the wrong thing. I have hope for them, but it will take some time. I worry the US will take longer because of the money in politics. If it wasn't for that I think we would be just fine and legal already.

420SOS

Meh
Registered
They have actually been trying to legalize there for a while. The church is really holding things back there. So many Filipinos could benefit from this, but it's about corruption, reefer madness, and government servants doing the wrong thing. I have hope for them, but it will take some time. I worry the US will take longer because of the money in politics. If it wasn't for that I think we would be just fine and legal already.
Church always complicates things but money does too, what im most worried about is big pharma taking over little canna and harm everyone involved, homegrowing is the way to go as we mentioned before, just gotta optimize the automized system to grow while away

Ted

Old Member
Admin
If we can get more people doing home grows then the bigger impacts will be mitigated a little. The big companies are already positioning themselves to be the players. That is why we are seeing all of the stalling tactics from Big Pharma too. These guys want all the laws to favor them. The difference between tobacco and cannabis is that it is much easier to grow some plants around the house then make your own cigarettes. Big Pharma, Big Tobacco, and many others do not have our best interests at heart. Together we can learn how to grow our own and share with each other. I like what the micro/nano breweries have accomplished in that space. I have many friends that brew and stopped buying the commercial stuff altogether.

420SOS

Meh
Registered
Man it's just like you could read my mind! That's exactly what I believe, everything you said, and before too, I quit cigarettes by using weed as a substitute, big tobvacco and pharma know that people could grow their own cigs/meds and leave them out of business in a second, too many millions of dollars are more valuable than millions of lives to them, that's what they want, eliminate excess population

Reactions: Ted