1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Ted here...thanks for visiting. Want to join us? No emails, no newsletter, no logging IP and you can delete your account at anytime. No strings attached. We are a very open community.
    Dismiss Notice

Convicted Of A Marijuana Crime In California? It Might Go Away, Thanks To Legal Pot.

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by HiFlyer, Dec 31, 2017.

1. HiFlyer

HiFlyer Recruit
    Registered

But now, with California on the verge of legal recreational marijuana sales starting Jan. 1, Derege and hundreds of thousands of others could have their drug convictions wiped away, thanks to a lesser-known provision in the new state marijuana law.

California is offering a second chance to people convicted of almost any marijuana crimes, from serious felonies to small infractions, with the opportunity to have their criminal records cleared or the charges sharply reduced. State officials hope to reverse decades of marijuana convictions that can make it difficult for people to gain meaningful employment and disproportionately affect low-income minorities.

More:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...ry.HTML?sw_bypass=true&utm_term=.a3fc5b58006c

2. Ted

Ted My Friends Call Me Ted
    Admin

Twitter:
    @tedsmarijuana
    We need this in all states and I know it will happen. I hate seeing lives ruined over a plant. We need to give people a chance to live the lives they deserve and marijuana is not something to cripple someone with. California is doing a good deed here and I hope it will be seen in other states.

We need to get rid of the for-profit prisons too. One step at a time but I know this year I will be voting for compassion in my state as I think many will be doing across the country as well! Thanks for posting this so the word can get out into the wild.

3. HiFlyer

HiFlyer Recruit
    Registered

Hopefully enough states come to their senses by 2020 & make removing grass from federal schedule 1 list easy for the next administration's AG.

And yes, private prisons are a self-fulfilling entity.

4. Ted

Ted My Friends Call Me Ted
    Admin

Twitter:
    @tedsmarijuana
    I truly think that between 2018 and 2020 we will see this happen. I am really hoping sooner than later. I am making sure to tell all of my conservative friends that the "blue wave" will never happen so they don't go to the voting booths. We need some compassion in these offices and I am not saying Democrats have that, but I am saying that it is better than what we currently have dealing with our issues.