1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Ted here...thanks for visiting. Want to join us? No emails, no newsletter, no logging IP and you can delete your account at anytime. No strings attached. We are a very open community.
    Dismiss Notice

Chat Change Chat Appearance Mode

Discussion in 'Site How-To's' started by Ted, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Ted

Ted Just Adam, AKA, Ted
    Admin

Twitter:
    @tedsmarijuana
    We have had issues with chat on mobile and I thought it would be good to help everyone out on how to change the chat for you. You will notice that the default I have on the entire community is a link in the main navigation at the top, and on All Pages at the bottom. I use this type so people can jump in and out of conversations without having to leave the page you are on.

I realize that there are many who would rather skip the All Pages or they are on a small mobile screen and in that case this preference is awful. I want to make sure I present the best possible experience for each member. If you are on mobile you will want to find the chat settings by clicking on the chat bar and find setting. Here is the screenshot of it from the desktop:

chat-mode.jpg
    My goal is to keep people engaged without it being miserable on mobile. People ask me all the time about building an app and the answer is always yes that I want one. You can't just roll those things out without spending thousands. As the community grows and the probability that an app will be worth the time and cost then I certainly plan on developing an app right away.

In the mean time, please just change your setting on your mobile version of the site. It will save us both from the annoyance of things not working perfectly. I am still trying to find a better solution in the meantime.

#chatroom #sitehelp #chatmode

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. trapking

trapking Meh
    Registered

Hi ted not been availbale for a while jst logged in to the website jst wanted to congratulate u for the perfect work being done
    Benji from uganda

3. Ted

Ted Just Adam, AKA, Ted
    Admin

Twitter:
    @tedsmarijuana
    I certainly thank you for the compliments. I just want to build something special and I hope that this is it. I understand that there are many people who don't have time to be involved and it's perfectly fine. Thank you!

• About Us

Ted's Marijuana Forum is a community for discussion, education, networking, and bringing people together with the commonality of cannabis. This community is not just a "let's get high" website. We are that and much more. Your input is always taken and any issues you might have and need help with can usually be solved fairly quick if you email [email protected] and let us know what issues you are having. Thank you for the support by joining, participating, and spreading TMF to others.
  • Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation