• Ted here...thanks for visiting. Want to join us? We are a very open community and you don't have to worry about other people judging you here.

Advice Cannabis Training University

KyngCuufi

Seedling
Registered
Good evening everyone,

I have a question on the validity of Cannabis Training University and institutions like them. I’m from New Jersey and plan on moving to Colorado, but to get a head start I wanted to take some courses. Any advice?

Lymmie

Casual
Staff member
Admin
Global Moderator
Verified
Registered
In oregon there was some benefit as id seen specific bud tender courses that were required for licensing. Plus having a good general knowledge of cannabis and what to look for in strains you sample so as to more effectively help a customer who has questions would be invaluable in such an industry. Im curious is anyone else has more experience here. Good question!

Ted

Old Member
Admin
I have read through several because I was adding them to the directory. Most are capitalizing on the movement of legalization. They won't be accredited or anything. I am in the mindset that they are doing a good service but are just experienced in the niche enough to teach others. If you have the money and want to get your foundation from one place then this is probably worth it, but if you join the right communities you can probably walk away with the same information.

It's just too soon to have an opinion on them. I need to see if they are specifically in the directory and if not, I will see about adding them so we can get some reviews in the future on their page.

Lymmie

Casual
Staff member
Admin
Global Moderator
Verified
Registered
I have read through several because I was adding them to the directory. Most are capitalizing on the movement of legalization. They won't be accredited or anything. I am in the mindset that they are doing a good service but are just experienced in the niche enough to teach others. If you have the money and want to get your foundation from one place then this is probably worth it, but if you join the right communities you can probably walk away with the same information.

It's just too soon to have an opinion on them. I need to see if they are specifically in the directory and if not, I will see about adding them so we can get some reviews in the future on their page.
Agreed. Robert bergmans growing classes are about the same. Why spend the money on that when i can spend the money on good equipment and hit up google or the people around here?

Reactions: Ted