• Ted here...thanks for visiting. Want to join us? We are a very open community and you don't have to worry about other people judging you here.

Cannabis and Islam

420SOS

Meh
Registered
This thread was inspired by our very own @Ted after he got back to me on another post and he mentioned that church migh actually take over an Asian country and religion might dictate the rules over cannabis consumption there, coincidentally I am editing a post regarding cannabis and Islam which made me wonder to what extent should we allow religion to meddle into what we do with our own bodies, I understand it is important to have rules and guidelines, but where do we draw the line? Can and should religion work together with the government for the benefit of to the citizens or is it just impossible?

Reactions: Ted

Ted

Old Member
Admin
This is going to be controversial in some regards because the world is changing on how people relate to religion. I make no bones about how I feel. I am an atheist and believe that religion should play absolutely no role in government. It's manipulative and built for weak souls that need guidance. I am okay with that aspect of religion though. There are people that truly need something to guide them through life and give them direction to be good people. Others use it as a shield to do harm to others.

All religions need to be taken down a few pegs. They have far too much control for really no reason other than the fear of going to Hell when you die for not being a good person. Life is too short to waste on some books that were written thousands of years ago.

That being said, the tides are changing with people leaving religion in droves. Even in the Philippines where I had mentioned this. There are so many in the younger generations that have and are turning their backs on the church. Free thinkers, if you will. It will take a long time still for my thoughts to become a reality.

420SOS

Meh
Registered
Well yeah, religion has proven to be flawed since man is flawed, they do help as a guideline in regards to certain morals and values but it should not determine the course of a country, I think your thoughts won't come true any time soon, it's true that many have turned away from church however there's a new age movement professing a "love everyone and everything" that will become a religion that will try to unite all beliefs, check out the pope sanctioned movement called "coexist" , it will eventually mix satanism with atheism, Catholicism, Islam and judaism but it will all be a load of bs to fool and control everyone, like all religions

Ted

Old Member
Admin
It will be a long time before my prediction comes along for sure. It took thousands of years to build religion and it will probably only take hundreds to disassemble it. For now I just watch the world turn. I just get frustrated that religion is a guide to cannabis legalization...at least for some countries. I would love to hear some other's opinions on it.