• Ted here...thanks for visiting. Want to join us? We are a very open community and you don't have to worry about other people judging you here.

Advice Canada Vs. U.S. Strains

G

Glen Harper-Librach

I have an important question: I live in Toronto, Canada and at the dispensary that I visit, they have told me that Canadian strains of weed are different from American strains. Does anybody know if this is true? I find it difficult to believe that America would have a different, or better strain of say, Pineapple Express.

Ted

Old Member
Admin
I am not well versed in what strains where, but I know there are plenty of seed banks that ship globally so that should limit separation. There may be strains that grow better in different areas, assuming it's an outdoor grow...but how many are really doing that? Not many I am willing to guess unless you are living in Columbia.

I am watching this thread to see if we have some well versed fellas or ladies have some deeper insight. There is probably a map or something, but the "why" is the interesting part.

G

Glen Harper-Librach

Thanks for your input Ted. It is much appreciated.

Lymmie

Casual
Staff member
Admin
Global Moderator
Verified
Registered
What is your pineapple express like? It is one of my favorites from here in the us. Ours was between 30-32% THC. Was an indica sativa hybrid like most these days. It had a strong citrusy taste and the high was pretty dang intense with what i would say are equal parts couchlock and head high. One of those ones that feels great and leaves you drooling a little while watching those family guy reruns. Im growing a combination between pineapple express and purple kush right now. Gonna be awesome me hopes!

G

Glen Harper-Librach

Unfortunately, my dispensary does not list THC content. allbud.com lists the THC content of Pineapple Express at 25%. The experience that I had with it here in Toronto was very pleasing and so, I have to believe the 25% THC rating--at least in this case. Very euphoric high and energizing.

Lymmie

Casual
Staff member
Admin
Global Moderator
Verified
Registered
Got a camera? Snap me a picture and i can tell you if its the same or not. =)

G

Glen Harper-Librach

Don't have any at the moment. However, I posted a picture on this site when I did. You can find a picture there as part of my postings.

Cudzu

Staff member
Global Moderator
Verified
Registered
***Puff...puff...***

Hmmm.
Now I can speak French.
:rolleyes:
Yep, Canadian for sure.
ROFL
:D:D:D