1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Ted here...thanks for visiting. Want to join us? No emails, no newsletter, no logging IP and you can delete your account at anytime. No strings attached. We are a very open community.
    Dismiss Notice

Ask a Pro Bigger Pots

Discussion in 'Outdoor Growing' started by Peer345, May 29, 2017.

1. Peer345

Peer345 Weed doctor
    Registered

IMG_0304.JPG Yesterday 28-05-2017 I put the Plants in bigger pots. When they came out they had nice roots colour White. The potting has to go smooth so your plants don't get any stress and keep on growing stronger and bigger! I used a little rooting liquid that's all. I let you know when I give them 20-10-20 growing food NPK. Okè that's all for now, later Peer

• Love This! Love This! x 1
    • List
  2. Lite

Lite Locked in Lymmie's Basement.
    Staff Member Global Moderator Verified Registered

any update? :D

3. Peer345

Peer345 Weed doctor
    Registered

IMG_3873.JPG
    Hello the plants grow good now just give one time NPK: 20-10-20 grow food. If you have a question just ask. Have a great day

4. Lite

wow they look great! What kind of soil are you using? A one time feed of 20-10-20 carrys you through flowering? or do you have a high PK nute coming?

5. Lymmie

Lymmie Casual
    Staff Member Admin Global Moderator Verified Registered

Twitter:
    @lymsleia327
    @Lite there are other techniques and methods of growing with soil Lite. One that im familiar with is using dry powder additives and mixing up your own batches of soil. There are recipes all over the internet but it looked too pricy for me to try initially. There was literally laundry lists of different things bone meal blood meal dolomite lime etc etc that you put into your soil to create the perfect ecology of nutrients that carries you throughout your entire grow cycle very gently and naturally feeding your plant. And these are recipes that include coco as well.

1. Fox farms Mix
    - half Bail Pro-mix BX
    - 1 bag FoxFarms Ocean Forest
    - 1 cup dolomite lime
    - 1 cup blood meal
    - 1 cup bone meal
    - 10-20% extra perlite
    This will last you 3-4 month growth cycle from veg through flower requiring Tap Water ONLY - No extra nutrients.

2. Also a fox farms mix
    1 bag ocean forest
    1 bag happy frog
    1 bag Bcuzz coco coir
    1 1/4 Cup Bone meal
    1 1/4 Cup Blood meal
    3/4 Cup Lime
    4 Cups Earthworm castings
    1/2 bag of extra chunly perlite
    Add water only, use a PK booster twice (preferably Organic, google is your friend), done.

3. Pro mix and miracle grow
    1 bag pro-mix for containers
    - 1 bag miracle grow organic choice - Garden Soil (it's ok that it says "not for containers")
    - 1 cup blood meal
    - 1 cup bone meal
    - 1/2 cup dolomite lime
    - +20% chunky or coarse perlite
    * This mix is enough to fill 10, 3 gallon bags.
    This mix requires WATER ONLY from start to finish, no extra nutes.

4.Organic fox farm
    - 1 Bag FoxFarm Ocean Forest
    - 1/4 Bag FoxFarm Light Warrior
    - 5 Cups Vermiculite
    - 10 Cups Perlite
    - 4 Cups worm castings
    - All organic - Water only from start to finish.

5.Plant magic mix
    - 1 bag of plant magic plus soil
    - 1 bag of plagron batmix
    - 1 cup of calcified seaweed (or dolomite lime)
    - 1 cup of blood meal
    - 1 cup of bone meal
    - 20-30% chunky perlite
    *** This is a hot mix for weaker strains. If you have a hardy strain it is perfect. To play it safe you can reduce the blood and bone meal to 3/4 cups.

6. Peat and coco mix
    - 3 parts peat
    - 2 parts topsoil
    - 2 parts coco
    - 3 parts perlite
    - 1 part mushroom compost
    - 1 part wormcasts

- Dolomite lime 5g/litre
    - N guano - 4g/litre
    - P guano - 4g/litre veg, 8g/litre flower
    - Rock phosphate 5g/l
    - rock potash 5g/l
    - seaweed meal 5g/l

*** the bat guano amounts change a little with strain. for instance the Blueberry has less N guano in the mix - but that standard mix works for pretty much everything.

*** Feeding nutes is not necessary, but late in flowering *sometimes* a a boost like BioBizz Bloom could be used depending on the strain.

7.Another pro mix and miracle grow
    Half a bail of promix
    - 2 bags of Miracle grow Organic Choice Garden Soil
    - Half a bag of Worm Castings
    - 20% perlite
    - 1 cup bone meal
    - 1 cup blood meal
    - 3/4 cup powdered dolo lime (pellets ground in coffee grinder)
    - 1/2 cup guano

- Water only from start to finish, no nutes

8. Yet Another pro mix and miracle grow
    - 1, 3.8cf Bag of Pro-mix
    - 1, 2cf bag of Miracle Grow Organic Choice Garden Soil
    - 1/4 bag of FoxFarm Ocean Forest
    - 1 Cup blood meal
    - 1 Cup bone meal
    - 3/4 Cup dolomite lime
    - 1 1/2 Cups Kelp Meal
    - 20% Chunky Perlite

- Water Only from start to finish

Some notes.

All references to LIME refers to powdered Dolomite Lime, not pellitized. You cannot use "hydrated Lime" either.

Lime is a micro-nutrient and a PH Balancer.

Also. These mixes are not for seedlings or 1 week old plants. Your plants need to grow until they require nutrients, usually around 14-20 days or so depending on the strain, and then you transplant them to the soil mix.

These mixes are too hot for seedlings and newborns.

• List
  6. Lite

you are looking at spending 40-50$ on 2 pots worth of soil? that is madness!

7. Lymmie

Lymmie Casual

Twitter:
    @lymsleia327
    I already did. Buying the happy frog soil. It was not cheap. And no not me. Im going hydro. Im saying the type of feeding he is using might be a dry powder additive like int he recipes i listed. I was just showing you another way people grow. Theres also this one they do where they try to mimic the forest floor. Dont use nutes they just ammend the soil with like earthw orm castings and compost teas and crap like that and every single way there is to grow ive seen amazing results. It really just boils down to what works best for you.

8. Peer345

Peer345 Weed doctor
    Registered

IMG_0457.JPG IMG_0458.JPG So you have done your home work. I use good soil and only bio products and perlite. This is enought with the grow food NPK 20-10-20 until flowering time. I put them unther 12 hours at the end of this month the plants look like this now. This time i used no perlite as seen in the picture. All the plant are toped sorry i,m Dutch so i mean that i cut the head top from the plant so you get a bussy plant not only 1 stam. In 2 weeks i put them under 12 hours let you all know how many males and females ! Later Peer

9. Lymmie

Lymmie Casual

Twitter:
    @lymsleia327
    Hey Peer. What products do you use?What grow food is it? We also use the term topping here in the united states. Are you familiar with the technique called fimming? It stands for fuck i missed. (apologies for profanity if it is ill received) topping-vs-fiming-sm.jpg
    Fimming seems to be gentler ont he plant. It recovers faster from being cut and it grows 4 new tops instead of 2.

10. Peer345

Peer345 Weed doctor
    Registered

View attachment 2663 View attachment 2663 IMG_3904.JPG IMG_3905.JPG IMG_3906.JPG Hello Lymmie so i was gone a while been to the Costa Blanca in Spain. My got what was it hot ! To hot I'm happy to be back in my country. What you talk about I have seen people doing it but I never did that by my plants. The NPK 20-10-20 is from Peters it,s a white powder and I use Canna. My plant are now under 12 hour regime I put them in the dark and out the dark. It,s outside in a growing room you can put the clock on 18 or 12 hours. When the top is like 2 fingers big I start using the NPK 10-30-20 flowering food. If you start to soon you know what happens ! Here are some pictures of the plants

11. Peer345

Peer345 Weed doctor
    Registered

This is a picture from the plants when I game home you can see that they start to flower and I think it,s between day 10 and 15. At this time I have to put them out in the sun so I make new pictures to show you all the progress. And yes I was a little short in the 20-10-20 I finished it, and the growshops are all gone the police raided them all so now I have to find stuff on the internet and I did find a good shop who sells Canna grow food ! It.s liquid and you can buy 1 to 10 liters, but I don.t need it anymore that,s for the next time as you know what I mean. So Lymmie have a great day and until later Peer

12. Lymmie

Lymmie Casual

Twitter:
    @lymsleia327
    Canna is supposed to be a really good brand.And you should still be giving it the flowering/bloom nutrients. Canna has a 2 part grow and a 2 part bloom system I believe. Canna flores i believe is the one you would want now for flowering. =)

Ive been making a list of companies that offer free or cheap nutrients to test out.
    Get a Nectar for the Gods Sample Pack | Oregon's Only This one is 28 dollars and comes with almost their entire line of products in quart size bottles rather than 8oz like most others do. Im not sure if they would ship to the netherlands though. Give it a shot. This is an all organic line of ferts and is supposed to be crazy good.

Next id recommend » Contact E-mail them saying. "Hey, I was looking for a new line of fertilizers that would be a better value for my garden (dont mention cannabis. Alot of companies will not talk to you if you mention cannabis) and alot of people were recommending your products to me. Do you by chance offer any samples?" They will email you back and tell you to send $20 money order through mail to them. Then they will tell you 4-6 weeks to get your product however theirs is by far the best value of any of the options. It comes with 1 Liter set of base nutrients - your choice, 250 ml - Bud XL, 250 ml MultiZen, 250 ml Top Booster, 100 ml Amino Treatment, 100 ml Top Shooter or 1 Sachet of Shooting Powder, 30 ml Roots Excelurator, 30 ml Nitrogen Boost, 30 ml Drip Clean, 30 ml Algen Extract, 30ml magic green.

That is ALOT for less than 50 dollars. Give those a shot to keep something on hand and maybe find a new product you love. =) Ive got alot more that offered samples but they arent nearly as good as these two. Lemme know if youd like to see the list.

13. Peer345

Peer345 Weed doctor
    Registered

View attachment 2668 View attachment 2669 I just put the lady,s in the sun this is how the look now Thanks for the name for new nutrients is look for it and ask what you talk about. Canna and House Garden are good names here in The Netherlands it,s liquid and easy to use. I use a E.C and PH meter for indoor activities outside I don,t use a barrel with like 200 liters water and dose it off. I look and see what needs to be done. Enjoy your day and weekend, later Peer

14. Peer345

Peer345 Weed doctor
    Registered

IMG_3968.JPG IMG_3969.JPG The plant Northerlight are now in begin flower week 5 that means I still have 4 weeks to go. The grow good and keep on making white V. Tomorrow I give them the second time NPK 10-30-20 flower food and at the end of week 5 I give one time what we call 13/14 it,s a flower booster, good for the roots and good for the health of the plants. I hope you like the pictures. Later Peer
    IMG_3970.JPG

• List
  15. Peer345

Peer345 Weed doctor
    Registered

IMG_4025.JPG IMG_4021.JPG Hello friends from Ted,s i just want to show you the pictures begin week 7 and the 3 big ones in hight are in week 5. Love to do this making new strains. So pissed that i don,t have a good room anymore. Now i have the best seeds ever and now i have no place. I.m sure everything will turn out fine. The goverment is going the right way and next week i speak with the local goverment about a licentie for growing pot only for the shops ! I upload the pictures and i,m sure you see a 2 weeks difference

16. Peer345

Peer345 Weed doctor
    Registered

IMG_4024.JPG IMG_4023.JPG These pictures are made from the plant who put unther 12 hours regim 2 weeks later. The plant are bigger used more Nitrogen but builds good. I thought the NortherLight had the hardest and molt free buds. The weather is for a outsider bad. Many rain ☔️ and allot of moist in the air. We all know that that,s bad. You need a tunnel greenhouse we're you can heat up the place so the plants feel good and fine.

• List
  17. Peer345

Peer345 Weed doctor
    Registered

IMG_4027.JPG IMG_4028.JPG IMG_4029.JPG IMG_4030.jpg IMG_4027.JPG IMG_4028.JPG IMG_4029.JPG IMG_4030.jpg IMG_4032.JPG Yes one other week has passed so I like to show you some pictures.just outside in the sun and when the rain comes I put all the girls inside. Now I wished I had more land and a greenhouse ! So much to see so much to do

• List
  18. Peer345

Peer345 Weed doctor
    Registered

674D745F-9EF5-420E-A0CB-1B399F263F01.jpeg 62ECB657-2CC2-4534-A538-D02CCD8C2AA4.jpeg 2C562538-A81E-4D20-91F9-3F9B599567EA.jpeg Hello people these are the last pictures of the plant I made this season, they are cut down today or tomorrow I upload a picture so you all can see how it looks. Have a nice day

• List
  19. Lymmie

Lymmie Casual

Twitter:
    @lymsleia327
    Great job peer.

• List
  20. Peer345

Peer345 Weed doctor
    Registered

Hello Lymmie I been in hospital but came home 2 day,s ago and can reply now to you, thank,s for watching this plant true all it’s growing time and the finish. The work outside is done ✅ and now I go inside for a new journey. I’m so happy we have a new government and we can now get a license for growing. Yes it,s true we are all so proud and happy. Now I have to get better and soon the real work can begin. Stay safe and I hope you are doing well. With kind regards Peer345

• List