• Ted here...thanks for visiting. Want to join us? We are a very open community and you don't have to worry about other people judging you here.

1st Time Betty Buds (2nd Grow)

Chi11wi1181

Meh
Registered
i think sunlight is a problem for this one and my options for soil and nutrients were extremely limited due to my secret squirrel location, also I didnt start off in a proportionately sized container and transplant after... so I'm thinking the size of the container is allowing the roots to much space to expand which is inadvertently preventing the plant from growing at its full potential of speed... basically, as a rooky I made some rooky mistakes and now the plant is growing slow as fuck smdh... but on a good note, i was walking down the street yesterday and low and behold there was a fucking gardening supply shop about an 8-10 minute stroll from my place! with all kinds of growing soil and shit... an entire month after growing my sweetheart in yard dirt and tap water i find exactly what i could have used a month ago... haha! my fingers are still crossed though, first that she'll actually be a girl, and second that she'll make it to maturity this century...

P.S. the "on a good note" part above was sarcasm.... that shit sucks!

Lymmie

Casual
Staff member
Admin
Global Moderator
Verified
Registered
Its looking pretty healthy so far. Question though. In regards too the composting. You dont have issues with pests so far? Its a neat approach. I think i see coffee grounds? Be careful. Those lower the ph quite a bit due to its acidity which can lockout other nutrients. It also looks like you have the beginning stages of a nitrogen deficiency. Try to top dress with some earth worm castings.Thanks for sharing bud. Crossing my fingers and rooting for you too!

Last edited:

Chi11wi1181

Meh
Registered
Well... I was trying to upload a photo but it says it’s to large? But thanks for all the advice Lymmie... Betty is ginourmous and growing some buds now!

Ted

My Friends Call Me Ted
Admin
Betty is ginourmous and growing some buds now!
This is awesome to hear. From bag seed to budding beauty! Getting setup on this end, still a little bit to go though.

Lymmie

Casual
Staff member
Admin
Global Moderator
Verified
Registered
What is the file type? If its .bmp or .png try saving it as jpeg if you know how to do that. Jpeg is usually smaller. You can also try cropping the photo too. Glad to hear of your sucess my man.