• Ted here...thanks for visiting. Want to join us? We are a very open community and you don't have to worry about other people judging you here.

Back after 2 year hiatus

AKA Jose

Recruit
Registered
Reasoning for return is am looking for alternative solution to rising prescription meds costs. Co-pay rate jumped from $35 > $111.00 for 3 month supply (or $ 1.23 per tablet) for a generic.
As strains are now developed for treating pain, and public acceptance is gaining support, hopefully legalization of consumption will soon come to pass. Am seeking user based info rather than promoter touted info for arthritis/fibro problems. Also, affliction has slowed mobility (re: original postings about climbing trees) and have become (too damn) sedentary .
So-will be grazing the postings here for insight possible strains ( to grow from seed) to eliminate or significantly reduce pain, produce somewhat of an uplifting effect, without bouncing off the wall.
Have been doing some reading, and it appears there is a lot more info now than in the recent past about THC and CBD content. But again, most info is promoter based.
Have compiled a preliminary list from some sources on the net,
AKA Jose

Ted

My Friends Call Me Ted
Admin
Hey @AKA Jose welcome back. I suffer from chronic pain, fibro, and other issues. I have been smoking since last Jan and making my edibles since last June. It has literally changed my life. I am completely off all meds, caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol. Just me and my bud. I don't have numbers, just personal experience. I can't tell you where to get it because I don't know where you are or what you want. I can tell you that I can relate to your position and I have found that edibles above anything else are the way to go. On a side note, mushrooms have had a greater impact on me using 1g doses. If you haven't tried that and can source some either through a friend or foraging then I highly recommend it.

Also, welcome back! You have been missed.

AKA Jose

Recruit
Registered
Thank you for your information. I believe caffeine to be both good and bad. It helps get me fired up, or rather, kick started in the morning. However unable to function without it.
Do have significant number of fungus growth(s) on the trees (downed) from time to time, and think one is "Chicken of the woods"(?) Am hesitant to try them. (I know, I need to cut the timber and burn.) Do manage to get significant rain (enough that if timber on the ground very long, it will rot.)
Again Thanks
Merry Christmas to all.

Ted

My Friends Call Me Ted
Admin
Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against caffeine or anything else. I just don't seem to need it like I used to. In fairness, I have ADHD too so I tend to fly from one thing to another. Make sure you know exactly what type of mushroom it is before ingesting it. A slight difference could be the difference between a great time and a trip to the ER...or worse.

Merry Christmas to you and everyone else too!