• Ted here...thanks for visiting. Want to join us? We are a very open community and you don't have to worry about other people judging you here.

Autoflower Experiment

FatFreddy

Recruit
Registered
I decided to try growing Auto flower plants in my poly-tunnel, as they are not light cycle dependant I figured I could get a nice harvest without the need for all the fancy lighting etc. Well as you can see they are doing ok, only problem is the English weather. It is now June 1st that means its summer time here in the UK, problem is the sun has gone AWOL and the temperature outside is 10c and no signs of a change.:(
P1010470.JPG

Jeff

Registered
I decided to try growing Auto flower plants in my poly-tunnel, as they are not light cycle dependant I figured I could get a nice harvest without the need for all the fancy lighting etc. Well as you can see they are doing ok, only problem is the English weather. It is now June 1st that means its summer time here in the UK, problem is the sun has gone AWOL and the temperature outside is 10c and no signs of a change.:( View attachment 709
Well how'd it turn out Fred

FatFreddy

Recruit
Registered
Well how'd it turn out Fred
Like all experiments even if the results are not all one might have hoped for it was a interesting learning curve.
As the weather did not improve and I was finding more plants with bud rot each day I decided to pull them up about two weeks early. Still got a reasonable harvest so not a complete waste. What I would say is that even when undercover with the UK weather now often stuck in a cool damp holding pattern due to the jet stream during the summer months a system of air flow, humidity control and possibly a heat source would be the way I would go. Having said that I am going to have another go as the weather has improved so I will try for a late crop.I will keep you posted on progress.

Jeff

Registered
Sorry to hear bout the rot. But like u said it's a learning curve still got some smoke. Good job Freddy love to c the grows. Thx