• Ted here...thanks for visiting. Want to join us? We are a very open community and you don't have to worry about other people judging you here.

Forum Article Writers, Do You Want?

Would you write actual articles on TMF?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted

Old Member
Admin
Hi everyone!

I am considering adding articles for the website and I only want to do this if we have people in the community who would want to write articles. Threads are great for long rants or to get a discussion going, but articles are something more. I would like to know if this is worth the effort and if we have a strong base of writers that would like to share they work with others. I am not paying for articles, I am just willing to provide the space for it if you would like to showcase your articles skills.

Ted

Kriss

Kris's chillin
Registered
Hi everyone!

I am considering adding articles for the website and I only want to do this if we have people in the community who would want to write articles. Threads are great for long rants or to get a discussion going, but articles are something more. I would like to know if this is worth the effort and if we have a strong base of writers that would like to share they work with others. I am not paying for articles, I am just willing to provide the space for it if you would like to showcase your articles skills.

Ted
Hey hope your day was good ya know I'm new here n I replied to you earlier today but think I did it the wrong way. I think I just started a conversation with you instead of replying to this post. So my bad on that one. I'm not gonna recite what I typed in earlier only because I truly can't remember it all. But I am behind you on it. As the short of it. Lol. Have a good one.

Ted

Old Member
Admin
Thank you @Kriss and it's no problem. I am on the fence whether or not we have the base for articles at the moment. Getting regular activity across the community needs to happen first so I believe that my suggestion may be premature. I am going to keep this in my back pocket for now.

Ted

Old Member
Admin
Following up on this, I have 2 interested writers that have reached out to me. 1 asked about compensation and being an artist myself, I do believe in compensation for work. Writing is not easy and can take a lot of talent to publish a great piece for many to read. I want to compensate without a doubt.

Now, since I hold these feelings, I have to put the articles on an indefinite hold. TMF makes $0 and I am certainly fine with it. If/when we build up a community and funding to pay basic compensation to the people who make all of this happen I will consider implementing this. Please still continue to let me know if you are interested in writing. I would love to create some type of online magazine or just great content.

This is not a plea for money. I don't need it, but I felt that I needed to update this to cover the question of compensation. I don't believe in free internship or anything like that. In the end it makes people feel worthless. This also bring the quality of writing into the spotlight. Compensation for work requires a level of work worth compensating for. I want to fund real writing, op-eds, journalism, interviews, and much more. That's a much later hope and dream.

Compensation for key positions are certainly reasonable. Until funding exists for these types of positions, I ask that you simply put your name on the list and give me your resume, portfolio, compensation requested and all that jazz. You are welcome to send it privately to [email protected] as well.

Last edited:

Ted

Old Member
Admin
I am locking this thread because I have already implemented the Articles section. We had 3 votes yes, 0 votes no, and 1 vote to read them. Thank you to everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.