• Ted here...thanks for visiting. Want to join us? We are a very open community and you don't have to worry about other people judging you here.

Forum A List Of Helpers Needed If You Are Looking For Something To Do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted

Old Member
Admin
I'm willing to start on any small jobs when needed just email me and I'll do them
Thanks for the support! What area would/could you contribute to? I spend a lot of my time researching information to create graphics for social media. Once I know who wants to what it will be easier for me to say, "Here you go".

ComingOutGreen

Casual
Registered
Hi Ted, I would love to help as well. The health section is were I would like to volunteer for, though I am not a healthcare professional, I am coming from the other end of things. I have suffered from Fibromyalgia for over 19 years, as well as insomnia, migraines, anxiety and depression, which are all liked to suffering from long term chronic pain. As I am now on disability and unable to work a regular job due to my illness, I have done a ton of research on the effects of medical marijuana on many illness including my own. My nephews are the ones that suggested I try cannabis to combat my illness as the pharma drugs I was and am on are high on the side effects and low on the benefits. I was like you, I supported anyone who chose to use cannabis for medical or recreational purposes, but did not use myself. This past summer I reach a point where I am not ashamed to say I was very close to putting a permanent end to my suffering, this is when my nephews pushed for me to try cannabis. As with everything I ever get involved with I researched and researched until I felt confident that this might be the right thing for me as a solution to my suffering and I tried marijuana for the first time in my 46yrs this past July. I was astounded at the relief I felt physically, emotionally and spiritually. My parents who just a month prior to this were on the "gateway drug" bandwagon did a 180 and were completely supportive and actually started providing me with research and suggested strains to try. In their 70's they are now full believers in the medical benefits of cannabis. I am an Ambassador to our hospitals unique, one of a kind Fibromyalgia program where I come in one day per session and speak to the groups about my 19yrs with Fibro and the ways in which I have battled and deal with Fibromyalgia on a daily basis. I too am now passionate about the fight to legalize Marijuana and get the word out that the years of negative and deceitful propaganda are wrong and provide a hurtful stigma to the users, whether medical or recreational. I am starting my own battle against this stigma, hence my name "ComingOutGreen". I want to provide people an outlet for them to help fight the stigma society at large has embedded into cannabis culture. Anyway, enough ranting, just let me know if I can help. Take care and all the best to you and all your volunteers. - COG

Ted

Old Member
Admin
Ok @ComingOutGreen you are on the team. I am one of those rare guys that have Fibro. It's been about 2.5 years now so I understand those feelings as well. I would love to see you helping out in the health section and anywhere else. I appreciate that support from you and the others as well. You can see that your name is now red with the banner. Glad to have you!

ComingOutGreen

Casual
Registered
Sorry to hear that you're on the Fribro team, would't wish it on anyone. Thanks for the green light to help out, looking forward to being a productive member. Thanks again and take care.

Ted

Old Member
Admin
Sorry to hear that you're on the Fribro team, would't wish it on anyone. Thanks for the green light to help out, looking forward to being a productive member. Thanks again and take care.
Ya, the whole fibro thing isn't that wonderful...but running this type of community easily brings me closer to others that have it as well. So there is a silver lining :)

Welcome to the team and I look forward to seeing what you bring to the table!

Ted

Old Member
Admin
Ted I would also like to be a greeter
You are on the team. Welcome and thank you for wanting to add more to the community. I would expect greeters to welcome new members and point them in the right direction. I hope all new members are welcomed and encouraged to share. Thank you again!

HOPEforCOPD

Meh
Registered
I'm just like you. only I have "end stage" COPD at age 42. LOL I feel pretty good, especially since I started using about 2 months ago. AMAZING how it kills the pains and opens my lungs to the point I barely need my prescription inhalers and pain meds. I run a COPD support group online, and then blog about COPD from my (the patient's) perspective. Also promote about my cause on SM. It is truly sad that we are not allowed to legally obtain this vital "nutrient" in my state unless we have very specific conditions.

Hi Ted, I would love to help as well. The health section is were I would like to volunteer for, though I am not a healthcare professional, I am coming from the other end of things. I have suffered from Fibromyalgia for over 19 years, as well as insomnia, migraines, anxiety and depression, which are all liked to suffering from long term chronic pain. As I am now on disability and unable to work a regular job due to my illness, I have done a ton of research on the effects of medical marijuana on many illness including my own. My nephews are the ones that suggested I try cannabis to combat my illness as the pharma drugs I was and am on are high on the side effects and low on the benefits. I was like you, I supported anyone who chose to use cannabis for medical or recreational purposes, but did not use myself. This past summer I reach a point where I am not ashamed to say I was very close to putting a permanent end to my suffering, this is when my nephews pushed for me to try cannabis. As with everything I ever get involved with I researched and researched until I felt confident that this might be the right thing for me as a solution to my suffering and I tried marijuana for the first time in my 46yrs this past July. I was astounded at the relief I felt physically, emotionally and spiritually. My parents who just a month prior to this were on the "gateway drug" bandwagon did a 180 and were completely supportive and actually started providing me with research and suggested strains to try. In their 70's they are now full believers in the medical benefits of cannabis. I am an Ambassador to our hospitals unique, one of a kind Fibromyalgia program where I come in one day per session and speak to the groups about my 19yrs with Fibro and the ways in which I have battled and deal with Fibromyalgia on a daily basis. I too am now passionate about the fight to legalize Marijuana and get the word out that the years of negative and deceitful propaganda are wrong and provide a hurtful stigma to the users, whether medical or recreational. I am starting my own battle against this stigma, hence my name "ComingOutGreen". I want to provide people an outlet for them to help fight the stigma society at large has embedded into cannabis culture. Anyway, enough ranting, just let me know if I can help. Take care and all the best to you and all your volunteers. - COG

DubstepOmniplex

Meh
Registered
This isn't on the list, but I'd love to help as a promoter and I'd also love to help work out some of the bugs in the website. I'm not on my PC often so DM me on my twitter if this is okay.

Ted

Old Member
Admin
This isn't on the list, but I'd love to help as a promoter and I'd also love to help work out some of the bugs in the website. I'm not on my PC often so DM me on my twitter if this is okay.
I will never turn away help. This is a big project and I have to respect that 1 person isn't enough to manage what is currently happening. I am also curious about the bugs part. I have a to-do list so I am wondering if those will marry up or not. I will message you on Twitter as well though.

Ted

Old Member
Admin
Here to help any way I can. I'm down for the cause.
What's your interest that you are knowledgeable in or want to help with? I certainly appreciate the volunteer to help and I want to see where you feel you could contribute the most in. I will add you to the team in the mean time and I look forward to seeing what you bring to the team.

Ted

Old Member
Admin
I updated the first post, but I have removed the majority of people who asked to be a part of this for either not coming back in weeks or never posting anything. I appreciate the attempt, but this is a special team. When companies come around asking if they can send product, I am going to probably have it sent to a team member that has earned it.

The job doesn't pay, but there are perks coming...

Please don't ask me to join if your heart isn't into it. I want people who have a vested interest in helping out the community. So far that's 4 people. That is all that is on the team.

Cudzu

Verified
Registered
I think you read my mind. My wife fibro awful. My HS skin awful. No cure. You hang tough and consider my doctor's orders, " Either reduce or remove stress", or YOU are going to die! (He got my attention) hi. 62 and rolling on....

Reactions: Ted

Macoroni6538

Registered
Hey a Noob here but many forum experiences.

I am strictly a Vapor person, almost.

Would love to help in any way I can.

Retired military, 420 friendly, active and more time than most.. Let me know. Not worried about perks, more like want to spread the vapor and Mary Jane news, benefits etc. i can also help with IT help. Twitter person as well.
That is how I found my way here.

Thanks
Taz

I updated the first post, but I have removed the majority of people who asked to be a part of this for either not coming back in weeks or never posting anything. I appreciate the attempt, but this is a special team. When companies come around asking if they can send product, I am going to probably have it sent to a team member that has earned it.

The job doesn't pay, but there are perks coming...

Please don't ask me to join if your heart isn't into it. I want people who have a vested interest in helping out the community. So far that's 4 people. That is all that is on the team.

Ted

Old Member
Admin
Hey a Noob here but many forum experiences.

I am strictly a Vapor person, almost.

Would love to help in any way I can.

Retired military, 420 friendly, active and more time than most.. Let me know. Not worried about perks, more like want to spread the vapor and Mary Jane news, benefits etc. i can also help with IT help. Twitter person as well.
That is how I found my way here.

Thanks
Taz
You clearly have the skills that I am looking for. I added you to the team and you will show up red in the list. Thanks for your service and supporting the growth of this community. You will also see the new section for team members at the end of the forum list.

GeminiBiggs

Meh
Registered
I would love to help in any way I can, I think I might be able to do politics, recently was involved in the Senate bills here in Utah that did not pass( mostly followed closely but spread the word on it as well as had conversations with Representatives) I also suffer from CRPS which can benefit from medical marijuana & recently made contact with a lot more people that need help

Status
Not open for further replies.