• Ted here...thanks for visiting. Want to join us? We are a very open community and you don't have to worry about other people judging you here.

Forum A List Of Helpers Needed If You Are Looking For Something To Do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted

Old Member
Admin
Every forum has folks that like to jump in and help out where possible and I was thinking about this as we have been growing. I was trying to figure out what I could put out here for people that want to play a bigger role on TMF. I will note that these are not paid gigs, but you never know down the line. I honestly have know idea what this place will be like in 6 months from now.

Here are things I think we could use:
  • Greeters - Welcome new people to the forum. I hate to make this a position, but it would make new members feel welcome.
  • Politics - I would love to have several folks that bring information about cannabis politics. This is an area that I don't want Republicans vs Democrats. I want real information so people know about bills, local and federal elected officials are doing...etc.
  • Cooking - I know some of you in the community are cooking and baking with marijuana and I woud love to have some TMF chef's spread recipes and information.
  • Business/Entrepreneurs - We have some business folks here already, but I want to make our business, finance, investment section to be useful and growing.
  • Health - I am not sure how to address this, but I know cannabis can be part of the health cycle.
I know there will be more, but this is a good start. I am trying to make sure the forum grows together and not just me doing everything. I know it's better when there is a team. I will build out user groups for these areas so we can manage the community effectively. If there are other areas that I didn't cover please let me know.

I am also going to look at cleaning up the community a bit and see if there are sections we don't need and add sections that we might need so please voice your opinions on that as well.

EDIT: Team TMF is in red in the sidebar. I want to thank @MicheleJolie for being the first one to raise her hand and actually post her first thread today! Much love for the help.

Second Edit 2/26/16: I trimmed down the Team TMF by 5 members. If you weren't active in the last 2 weeks or so and haven't done much I removed the group. If you are able to play a larger role in the future please send me a message. Nothing personal, I just want active people on the team.

Third Edit: There are now only 4 Team TMF members. I trimmed the rest down. Those removed either haven't posted anything since I added them or they haven't been back in weeks. I plan on making this a special group to be a part of. There will be perks shortly. Likely free gear from companies looking for people to review and more. One member already got a Humidor for free.

Final Edit: Thread closed. I am no longer adding any new Team members. We have 3 remaining and I appreciate those members. If you want to contribute and help the community you can add high-quality content and help promote the website. Each month we are seeing a 20% growth month over month. I am very excited to see where we go from here.

Last edited:

MicheleJolie

Meh
Registered
Ted,
I would love to help as a
Greeter - I spend a lot of time on the net and I can generate an auto respond so no one gets over looked. let me know if I can help. - Michele

Ted

Old Member
Admin
Ted,
I would love to help as a
Greeter - I spend a lot of time on the net and I can generate an auto respond so no one gets over looked. let me know if I can help. - Michele
Thank you so much! I am going to work out how to approach this, this coming weekend. You are the second to put your hand in to help. I thank you so much for wanting to help.

MicheleJolie

Meh
Registered
Good morning, Ted!
I'm sending a link to a friend in Austin for the forum would it be okay to make invitations to other like minded folks not sure if I can get much results but I'm willing to send the emails? Let me know if that is ok... Have a good productive day!

J

Jaymann87

I would like to help in Las Vegas Nevada or anywhere in USA pls call text jay mann7023379668.I have wide range of education and executive entrepreneur management experience.

Attachments

Ted

Old Member
Admin
Good morning, Ted!
I'm sending a link to a friend in Austin for the forum would it be okay to make invitations to other like minded folks not sure if I can get much results but I'm willing to send the emails? Let me know if that is ok... Have a good productive day!
You can invite everyone until your heart is content and I will love you for days for doing so. I am flattered that people would want to share this community. That tells me something right is going on!

I would like to help in Las Vegas Nevada or anywhere in USA pls call text jay mann7023379668.I have wide range of education and executive entrepreneur management experience.
Jay, I love it. We need to get you hired. Not on TMF though...yet. As we get bigger I will add a job board that people can put themselves out there. I feel like we are too small for that still. More to come!

J

Jaymann87

You can invite everyone until your heart is content and I will love you for days for doing so. I am flattered that people would want to share this community. That tells me something right is going on!

Jay, I love it. We need to get you hired. Not on TMF though...yet. As we get bigger I will add a job board that people can put themselves out there. I feel like we are too small for that still. More to come!
One starts as small then expands,so I can start at any positions to help .

J

Jaymann87

I am willing to start at any positions asap to help thanks

MicheleJolie

Meh
Registered
that makes two of us, all starts need believer to grow I am willing to start at any positions asap to help thanks

Ted

Old Member
Admin
I am going to make the following categories this weekend: Greeter, Cooking, Health, and Grower. Those won't be the names, but those will be the groups I will make to hopefully create more conversation in the community. We have many signups, but a small percentage of active users and I want to help push the change for that.

Ted

Old Member
Admin
I need to take a step back for a second. I want to make sure everyone understands that these are volunteer positions and not paid. Some of the posts looked as if they are looking for paid work. TMF isn't close to anything like that. Okay, now that's out of the way...

Tell me where you would like to help around the forum. For example, you might love cooking and have experience making edibles. I would love to add you to the cooking team to help build content and help answer questions. By doing this it helps us attract active members and also to educate them the best we can.

I will try this out for a while and see how it goes. If I add someone to a group and there is no sign of activity then I will remove the extra group so I can possibly give it to someone who is interested. Here are the groups I am going to initially create:
  • Newsie - that's pushing news from local to global.
  • Politics - I need people who track politics, bills, and important things going on so we can do our part in helping or stopping bad legislation. Again, local to global.
  • Cooking - Help discuss cooking with cannabis, and dealing with recipes.
  • Health - Living healthy with cannabis. People need to know research results, educate them with health effect, and keeping our members fit.
  • Team Grow - The team that teaches the basics in growing, talks technique, tools, and cover the Growing & Harvesting section.
  • TMF Greeter - The focus is welcoming our new members in the Introduction threads, chat, or saying hello on their profile posts. This is one of the most important teams because a good first experience will keep people coming back.
That's it for now. I am still developing the site and figuring out what works and what doesn't. Having people becoming familiar with the site will also be able to tell me if we need a section or if we need to delete a section. All of this is to continue developing a community that is vibrant and growing.

MicheleJolie

Meh
Registered
Good afternoon, Ted!

For me in your list of volunteer jobs I would like to be considered for "Politics", Policies. I love to reading the stuff and have a bunch of Hemp/Cannabis followers on my twitter. Also have a twitter that I haven't yet put to use called "Getaclue" I would like to use as a platform for news on Hemp/Cannabis to share globally love to put the information on Ted Marijuana Forum as to where to go for more info or to talk about how this works or not in whatever state.
I'm want to open my own Cannabis business keeping informed is very high in what is important to me.

Experience: I worked for the City of Austin as lead HMIS System Administrator (homeless management information system) large part of my job was learning and understanding new laws than writing City policies to stay within the laws to obtain funding or to not lose funding. In part my job was to support Collaborative partners in understanding what was required. In other-words I have good experience with government lingo requirements and with working within the law.
  • Politics - I need people who track politics, bills, and important things going on so we can do our part in helping or stopping bad legislation. Again, local to global.

Ted

Old Member
Admin
Thank you @MicheleJolie for the response. I will be happy to add you to that group. I am going to start working on building out groups shortly and that will be the first one that I do. Information is vital for us to know who to vote for, where to vote for, or where to even protest. I read a lot as well and I am constantly consuming as much information as possible. I can't do it as much as I would like because I am focused on getting this community growing and that's just fine by me. It's those that volunteer that will help me achieve that in the end.

Ted

Old Member
Admin
Good afternoon, Ted!

For me in your list of volunteer jobs I would like to be considered for "Politics", Policies. I love to reading the stuff and have a bunch of Hemp/Cannabis followers on my twitter. Also have a twitter that I haven't yet put to use called "Getaclue" I would like to use as a platform for news on Hemp/Cannabis to share globally love to put the information on Ted Marijuana Forum as to where to go for more info or to talk about how this works or not in whatever state.
I'm want to open my own Cannabis business keeping informed is very high in what is important to me.

Experience: I worked for the City of Austin as lead HMIS System Administrator (homeless management information system) large part of my job was learning and understanding new laws than writing City policies to stay within the laws to obtain funding or to not lose funding. In part my job was to support Collaborative partners in understanding what was required. In other-words I have good experience with government lingo requirements and with working within the law.
Okay I was a little late on this, but @MicheleJolie you now have the "TMF Politics" banner. So you are good to go and theire are tons of topics out there right now from the campaign trail to bills going through. I appreciate your help and the help of others that will come and bring their support.

sookster69

Meh
Registered
hi Ted! i am a magical butter maker and have some fantastic recipes using it! i am not a pro chef... just an avid lover of cooking ... let me know if this is something you'd like for me to volunteer with on your forum ✌

MicheleJolie

Meh
Registered
Okay I was a little late on this, but @MicheleJolie you now have the "TMF Politics" banner. So you are good to go and theire are tons of topics out there right now from the campaign trail to bills going through. I appreciate your help and the help of others that will come and bring their support.
Oh my God!!!! with the super bowl yesterday I didn't even log on to my computer imagine that 25 years and yesterday you send me a message and I'm no where in sight sorry. but, YES!!! awesome!

Ted

Old Member
Admin
Oh my God!!!! with the super bowl yesterday I didn't even log on to my computer imagine that 25 years and yesterday you send me a message and I'm no where in sight sorry. but, YES!!! awesome!
lol, no worries at all. I am excited about getting people into the community and showing people we have great members and a reason to be here. Thank you for volunteering and being the first!

Status
Not open for further replies.