• Ted here...thanks for visiting. Want to join us? We are a very open community and you don't have to worry about other people judging you here.

Other 16+ Yr Aerospace Qa Pro Seeking Cannabis Industry Employment

dougdemerchant

Meh
Registered
My name is Doug DeMerchant and I am a highly skilled aerospace quality professional seeking to parlay my extensive experience to the ever growing cannabis industry.

My recent career focus has been on Continuous Improvement and applying these methodologies to help create a production environment focused on quality driven processes and products. I believe that I can use these skills I have learned to help contribute to any cannabis organization and help elevate them, not only improving product quality but also increasing profit while reducing cost.

I have included my resume within this thread for review and will supply my work history and references upon request. If you feel my skills are relevant to your organization and wish to know more about how I can help your organization then please email me and let's discuss taking your company to the next level.

Doug DeMerchant
[email protected]
360-420-2218

QUALIFICATIONS
· Working familiarity with Military and Aerospace standards including ISO9000, AS9100 and ANSI Y14.5
· Setup and programming of Zeiss Eclipse CMM w/Calypso OS
· Setup and programming of MicroVu Vertex w/InSpec OS
· Setup and operation of Hexagon Metrology Romer Arm w/touch probe and scanning capability
· Initial training and basic measuring with Faro Arm and Polyworks OS.
· AS9102 First Article Inspection and documentation
· Applied knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement, Cause and Corrective Action and 5S
· Document Control and electronic database management
· Experienced in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Epicor Vista ERP, Global Shop ERP as well as internet tools and customer FTP sites

RELATED EXPERIENCE
· Broad knowledge of machining and manufacturing processes and practices ranging from materials and tooling to heat treat and finishing/platings/coatings
· Displayed proficiency in precision inspection methodology and best practice
· GD&T, Limited Dimension Drawings and Model Based Inspections
· Experienced in the use of precision inspection tools to include electronic height gages, super mics, electronic and manual bore gages, gage blocks, sine plates and optical comparators
· Exceptional and proven customer service skills
· Beginner levels of exposure and use of PC-DMIS, Catia and Solidworks with a strong desire to expand my knowledge of these useful and important tools
· Appointed to Rapid Response Team to identify and resolve production line shortages and nonconforming material/part issues
· Setup and operation of gundrill machine, Sunnen 1808 hone, Bridgeport w/EZ Track and manual lathes
· Setup and operation of several CNC mills and lathes using established tooling and programs
· Specialized gear and hob cutter grinding
· Setup and operation of specialized gear grinding machines including Gleason TAG 400 8-axis CNC gear grinder
· Displayed versatility and a desire to learn by training and working in various manufacturing disciplines and industries gaining exposure to many facets of manufacturing from US Navy Research Programs and Nuclear Waste Disposal Programs to organizations who operate at a high level of Lean Manufacturing and an engineering firm leading the industry in aerospace tooling and manufacturing solutions

Reactions: Ted