Terps! some insects, and most plants contain Terpenes. Recently, you probably been hearing about or at least heard the word Terp, Terpenes...
Terpenes, are Organic Compounds. They affect the taste and aroma of your flowers and with mapping, Like the mapping of DNA. We can manipulate the terpenes, to do... well, do whatever; Science!!!! terpenes, have medicinal benefits. That means, there are non-psychoactive compounds that can be used to safely, treat an array of medical conditions. There are a ton of different terpenes in cannabis. Here are 11 kickass terpenes.
- Flavor / Aroma – Citrus.
- Medicinal Uses – Limonene can be used to help promote weight loss, prevent and treat cancer, and treat bronchitis. It can also be used to make ointments and medicinal creams that penetrate the skin better.
- Strain – Perhaps you know Super Lemon Haze gets it’s name partially from the aroma, but did you know the smell is present because it contain’s Limonene?
- Flavor / Aroma – Earthy and musky with a hint of fruity flavors.
- Medicinal Uses – Myrcene has been shown to be an effective anti inflammatory. It also works as a sedative and muscle relaxer. This could possible contribute to the tired/stoney feeling often attributed to indicas.
- Strain – A Swiss study found that most of the strains they tested contains high levels of myrcene. One strain they tested, Lovrin 110, contained over 65% myrcene.
4. Alpha Bisabolol
- Flavor / Aroma – Floral with a hint of spice. In addition to cannabis, linalool can be found in an array of flowers,mint, cinnamon, and even some fungi.
- Medicinal Uses – Can be used as an anti inflammatory. It also helps to modulate motor movements. Another study found that Linalool could be used to help treat liver cancer.
- Strain – A lab tested sample of Amnesia Haze showed slightly over 1% linalool.
5. Delta 3 Carene
- Flavor / Aroma – Floral. Alpha bisabolol is also found in chamomile.
- Medicinal Uses – Can be used to heal wounds, fights bacteria, and can be used a deodorizer. Research suggests alpha bisabolol has been effective in treating a variety of inflammations.
- Strain – The Werc Shop analyzed a strain called ‘Oracle’ and found high levels of alpha bisabolol.
- Flavor / Aroma – Piney / earthy.
- Medicinal Uses – Studies have found Delta 3 Carene to be an effective anti inflammatory. It is also known to dry fluids like tears, running noses, and menstrual flows.
- Strain – A research study examined 162 marijuana plants, which represented over 80 strains. They detected carene in many of the samples.
7. Alpha-Pinene / Beta-Pinene
- Flavor / Aroma – Earthy and camphor.
- Medicinal Uses – Borneol can be used as an analgesic, anti-insomnia, anti-septic, and bronchodilator.
- Strain – Dr. Mariano García de Palau claims that haze strains such as K13 contain high amounts of borneol.
- Flavor / Aroma – Pine. This is, of course, partially where pine trees get their scent from.
- Medicinal Uses – Pinene has been shown to have anti inflammatory properties.
- Strain – One study examined 16 marijuana plants and found all the strains contained notable amounts of alpha-pinene and beta-pinene.
- Flavor / Aroma – Spicy. Eucalyptol is used as a cooking spice and fragrance.
- Medicinal Uses – Eucalyptol is used in a variety of products including cough suppressants, mouthwash, and body powder.
- Strain – Some cannabis strains contain eucalyptol, however, it is typically in very small amounts. An analysis of super silver haze showed .06% eucalyptol.
- Flavor / Aroma – Pine, clove.
- Medicinal Uses – Studies suggest cannabis-extracted terpineol contains antioxidant properties.
- Strain – A marijuana testing lab claims terpineol is a unique terpene found in Jack Herer and Jack crossbreeds.
- Flavor / Aroma – Hoppy. Cannabis and hops are basically cousins.
- Medicinal Uses – Studies suggest that caryophyllene may help treat anxiety and depression.
- Strain – Green House Seeds tested a hydroponic and a soil grown specimen of Train Wreck. They found the soil grown cannabis contained .33% caryophyllene. The hydronic only contained .07% caryophyllene.
Cool stuff, right? You can do, more importantly the terpenes can do a lot of cool ass shit in your Cannabis you grow. How can you increase the terps?
- Flavor / Aroma – Herbal.
- Medicinal Uses – Cineole is all about anti – anti inflammatory, antibiotic, antiviral, antinociceptive.
- Strain – A lab tested strain of Super Silver Haze contained .18% cineole.
Simply put... stress your plant out...regularly. I cut a few leaves down the center, rip a few, slight damage. The plant will kick in like our fight or flight psychosis; only Cannabis, does it with terpenes. To save it's life. Simply, put! We are just touching on testing "mapping" terps in Cannabis; the medicinal benefits are going to be limitless. Once more restrictions are lifted on Cannabis, like what's happening right now; more testing will be done and more breakthroughs, will astound us all. Feed Your Brain! #kushgrowers Stay Awesome Stoners #kush
Ted here...thanks for visiting. Want to join us? No emails, no newsletter, no logging IP and you can delete your account at anytime. No strings attached. We are a very open community.Dismiss Notice
Recent User Reviews
To make a comment simply sign up and become a member!